1981 "Kaufmans West" Army & Navy Surplus catalogue

hhbooker2

1981 "Kaufmans West" catalogue and price list. Just 27 years ago and you could still buy very cheaply late 19th and early 20th century insignia. Now you see same items on eBay with a much higher starting price, believe it or not? Kaufman's Army & Navy Surplus Store on 42nd Street near Times Square was the best place to shop for military clothing when I got there in 1958. This was where the Brink's Armoured Truck Robbers bought an anti-tank rifle to bust up an armoured truck. :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected]) (Page 18.)

post-837-1227574594.jpg

CNY Militaria

Believe it or not, the price of their officers insignia is actually MORE than AAFES sells them for currently. IIRC, I got my 2LT insignia for $1.35 or something like that, and several sets of BG rank for $2.15 each. Can't beat those prices!

Believe it or not, the price of their officers insignia is actually MORE than AAFES sells them for currently. IIRC, I got my 2LT insignia for $1.35 or something like that, and several sets of BG rank for $2.15 each. Can't beat those prices!

SCHOTTZIE: Do you mean their prices way back are more than current prices at AAFES now? When I went to Army Clothing Sales at Los Alamitos Armed Forces Reserve Center they had pre-packaged items and the same without the plastic bag wrap, etc., cheaper. One paid more for the brand name like Vanguard West, etc.! pinch.gif Here is page 2 of Kaufman West catalogue showing officer branch insignia. Sarge Booker ([email protected])

post-837-1227630503.jpg

Um.... that is pretty hard to read, sorry....

-Ski

SKI: True, but we are allowed a certain size limitation and scans with print are hard to read unless one scans half a page or a quarter page. 150K is the limit, but, good news, Ski, you can email me at [email protected] and get free scans in a larger easier to read scan, I email these daily and you also get to see much more than I can post here. I post no more than ten scans average each day so as to allow others their space here too, but I can email as many scans as others want to view in a day and much larger and with greater detail. Here is page 4 of Kaufmans West Catalogue, fortunately the insignia can be seen. Email me, Ski! :) Sarge Booker of Tujunga

post-837-1227633106.jpg

E-Mail sent. I can sharpen the images if you want....

Looking at the prices, they weren't cheap for 1981!

-Ski

SKI: Okay, will look for the email, thanks! How can the images be sharpened? Well, the prices weren't cheap, but they charge more now then back then, yes? Here is page 6 of the Catalogue from Kaufmans West. :) Sarge Booker

post-837-1227635458.jpg

I have an antiquated copy of Corel Draw that you can use directional sharpening on. It works wonders.

-Ski

SKI: Wonder where I can get a CD disk of COREL DRAW for my personal computer? Added you to the mailing list to get free daily scans. Thanks! :o Sarge Booker

:o Page 6 of Kaufman West Catalogue.

post-837-1227662419.jpg