what is so special about this ike?

Costa

this Ike sold for 431.00 on u-pay. no brass, ribbons, just an Ike with patches. SOME KIND OF SPECIALTY UNIT???

post-73-0-44215000-1527220037.jpg

post-73-0-82715200-1527220074.jpg

A beauty of a 4th Cav patch.

Both mounted on black wool as well.Seen this done with the 4th Cav before but first for the 113th.

Not sure there is a significance with the black backing or just a stabilizer for the woven patches

but, for all that money???

Hard to say...maybe it was a patch collector wanting the variation of the back backing?

Maybe the buyer identified it or was a serious Cav collector?

Some guys buy expensive helmets or knives some buy spendy patches or uniforms.Its ebay and two people were after it

TheMariner

I knew this one was going to get posted here as soon as I saw the price on it :lol:

I was curious too, defiantly an excellent patch but those patches at least from what I've seen havent been bringing anywhere near that much! Maybe someone wanted them on the uniform defiantly havent seen many of those patches present on actual Ikes, either way the seller did very well!

I knew this one was going to get posted here as soon as I saw the price on it :lol:

I was curious too, defiantly an excellent patch but those patches at least from what I've seen havent been bringing anywhere near that much! Maybe someone wanted them on the uniform defiantly havent seen many of those patches present on actual Ikes, either way the seller did very well!

Seller had about $100 in fees ? (23 %) ?

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Seller had about $100 in fees ? (23 %) ?

dang are ebay fees really that high?

268th C.A.

It all goes back too what no one wants too hear, what's is it worth? What ever someone will pay. I know this makes people mad, but once that item sold, it goes straight to worth point and sites a like, that becomes the market value. All based upon e-bay sales....Its not a price guide printed that's not out of date the day its printed. There OK reference for pictures but not pricing. There maybe an average out there that most try to go by. A lot is what the seller thinks there item is worth too them.

I will say its a nice patch for sure... as stated two people wanted it, and there's the result. The seller was happy I'm sure.

between e-bay and pay pal, and then sellers getting a 1099 at the end of the year. It can get crazy with fees....

It all goes back too what no one wants too hear, what's is it worth? What ever someone will pay. I know this makes people mad, but once that item sold, it goes straight to worth point and sites a like, that becomes the market value. All based upon e-bay sales....Its not a price guide printed that's not out of date the day its printed. There OK reference for pictures but not pricing. There maybe an average out there that most try to go by. A lot is what the seller thinks there item is worth too them.

I will say its a nice patch for sure... as stated two people wanted it, and there's the result. The seller was happy I'm sure.

between e-bay and pay pal, and then sellers getting a 1099 at the end of the year. It can get crazy with fees....

Agreed.

When asked what somethings worth with military often there isn't a set value as with most off the shelf items.Value is seen by the buyer for something collectible one or two may see something worth more than someone else

BILL THE PATCH

Maybe there's more to it, I certainly contacted plenty of sellers to see if they had a name or photos to go with uniform. some sellers just list one item. And don't do anything with the rest. Now if there was a name or discharge papers. That would entice a bidding war. Also aren't these patches worth 150 + bucks? Their both theater made I think. I'm just saying there could be behind the scenes activity.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The black backing is very unusual if not down right rare on either of these patches, the 113th & 4th are both nice tough to locate patches, but don't bring that kind of money as stand alones for the pair. got to be something else in the mix on this one, but a heck of a nice Ike for sure..

TheMariner

Definitely a high price.

Jacket named?

im fairly certain there was no name present!

where do you get 23%? Its 13% at the most! 1099 is irrelevant I would be most people dont submit it!

you guys have seen some of the threads I put up over time where I said its a buyers market and worth what a person is willing to pay. so there it is. I read up on both units and they started at Normandy, Hurtgen forest and battle of the bulge. so they saw a lot. I wonder if it was a patch collector. in any event looks like theater made patches. oh well------- to each their own. if I took a wild guess, the owner of the ike was infantry??

manayunkman

This is an ID'd jacket.

You can see a laundry number or more in the collar.

That's what's going on here.

ID'd recon Ike with 2 excellent patches.

huntssurplus

Lets just hope the new owner isn't looking to remove the patches, always sad to see a nice ike ruined like that.

Hunt

im fairly certain there was no name present!

where do you get 23%? Its 13% at the most! 1099 is irrelevant I would be most people dont submit it!

Thats why I had a question mark.ebay/paypsl charges a percent on shipping too.

ebay is no longer a bargain as it was back in time. they take a good sized bite out of your sale and even the complaints on a sell isn't always in your favor. however, with this ike I saw a laundry number as well but, more then just a partial. if it is a complete ASN or named partial it can be traced! I wonder if it were to be ID'ed would the buyer try to restore it with the brass and ribbons???

manayunkman

The whole ID'd thing brings this to another cost level.

It might be a good deal depending on what you can find out about the original owner.

BILL THE PATCH

If I could I'd it, if it were mine I would definitely restore it, and get his records of coarse

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk