Thrift Store Score

Brian Keith

Brian Keith

Found these at the thrift store yesterday, Blackhawk vest, $12.99; UPC pattern vest with pouches; $12.99, pack frame with woodland camo straps, $9.99; 1980s belt, pouches and suspenders, $9.99. Ive never seen this much real military field gear in a thrift store at once before.

BKW

post-1549-0-74345200-1527214130_thumb.jpg

milsurp_scout_14

It happens to me more rarely now, but there was a time when pickin' was good. That's a great lot...ALICE pack frames are a hot commodity.

McDermut99

It happens to me more rarely now, but there was a time when pickin' was good. That's a great lot...ALICE pack frames are a hot commodity.

How so? (the ALICE frames)

Thrift store military items go in spurts for me.....Been on a little roll lately....Paid $8 for a WW2 USN officer's visor, $4 for '67 dated vietnam field jacket, and under $5 for a pair of WW2 a-11 flight pants complete with suspenders.....Bodes

milsurp_scout_14

McDermut99 Not sure why the frames are so sought after--but there's a lot of packs floating around without them. Frames alone are going for $20-$30 retail at many places, which seems ridiculous to me. I sell surplus and every swapmeet I do I get 2-3 requests for them. Surplus stores around me never have any.

McDermut99 Not sure why the frames are so sought after--but there's a lot of packs floating around without them. Frames alone are going for $20-$30 retail at many places, which seems ridiculous to me. I sell surplus and every swapmeet I do I get 2-3 requests for them. Surplus stores around me never have any.

I have seen a surge in somethings as well.Some items like packs,frames,ammo cans,older chem suits and gasmasks are selling a bit.One of the dealers at a local fleamarket always asks for these items.He claims a lot of the preppers and para military types(militia groups) are his best buyers