Original Aussie Made USMC Patches?

Schnicklfritz

Schnicklfritz

I just wanted to open a discussion on these Aussie made USMC patches that were for sale here on the forum. They are unusual in that they don't appear to be the normal bevo woven JJ Cash style patch. They appear to be some sort of screened/printed patch. First time I have seen these. I do believe the seller's story and they do appear to be period done. Not questioning him. Just unusually made and something I've not seen before.

Hope there is no problem with posting the pics from the ad and that someone can enlighten me here. Appreciate the input!

post-115-0-51734800-1527104040_thumb.jpg

ocsfollowme

They are all real. The artillery piece is killer.

Everyone should read through this thread. There are two examples of the MACs listed in the below link. I am sure both parties are happy with the price sold and paid. It is neat to see more of these examples.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28997-what-are-the-rarest-wwii-usmc-patches/page-3

I think there is something on these....Check ASMIC TP USMC SSI - July-Sept. 1994

Schnicklfritz

Thanks for the link. Missed it. I seem to recall a discussion about these particular patches years ago, but can't remember the details.