WW1 dog tag pair or are they WW2?

robinb

Found today at the flea market. Odd thing is I found the exact same name and serial number but the record shows that he enlisted in 1945.

MVC-053S (2).JPG

The serial number. “Enlisted service numbers continued in a similar fashion with enlisted numbers picking up where the World War I numbers had left off; between 1919 and 1940 the numbers ranged from 6 000 000 to 7 099 999”

OK. Good to know. Now I need to go through my box of what I thought were all WW1 tags and check the serial numbers.

I find him as an Infantry Private serving in the Philippines 1932-37. He came back from there as a Private in the Coast Artillery. Born 1912. He did reenlist for WWII.

World War II Army Named Bronze Star

A World War II Bronze Star with Numbered Box

US Army First Sergeant John T. Krulikoski was awarded this Bronze Star for action during the Normandy invasion. The award document signed by the Adjutant General and the Secretary of the Army for European Operations D - Day June thru July ,1944 is included with the medal as well making this a very historic and attractive grouping. $425

In its original N.S. Meyer box and dated 1944, this Bronze Star is in excellent condition. It was awarded for bravery to a soldier at the height of the war.

a22.jpg

This was John's wife.

https://old.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=87132959

Mary A Moraski Krulikoski

Birth: May 31, 1890

Death: Apr. 12, 1966

Naugatuck

New Haven County

Connecticut, USA

Mary Agnes(Moraski)Krulikoski, 75, of 82 Greenwood Street, Naugatuck, CT, died April 12, 1966 at her home after a brief illness. She was the widow of John Krulikoski.

Mary was born in Naugatuck, a daughter of the late Alexander and Clementina(Pajeski)Moraski. She was a life-long resident of Naugatuck and was a communicant of St. Hedwig Church. Mary was a member of St. Hedwig Rosary Society and a member of the Polish Army Veterans Ladies Auxiliary, Post 120.

Mary is survived by two sons, Leonard King and Thaddeus Krulikoski, both of Naugatuck; two sisters, Mrs. Anna Alexinski and Mrs. Alice Broaderick, both of Naugatuck; six grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.

Calling hours were held Wednesday evening, April 13, 1966 at Fitzgerald Funeral Home, 240 North Main Street, Naugatuck. Members of the Sty. Hedwig Rosary Society met at the funeral home.Funeral services for Mary were held Thursday, April 14 at 8:00 AM from the funeral home to St. Hedwig Church where a solemn requiem high mass was held at 9:00 Am Burial was in St. James Cemetery, Naugatuck.

Family links:

Parents:

Alexander Moraski (1858 - 1934)

Children:

Leonard J King (1910 - 2001)*

Thaddeus E Krulikoski (1918 - 1975)*

Siblings:

Mary Agnes Moraski Krulikowski (1890 - 1966)*

Mary A Moraski Krulikoski (1890 - 1966)

Anna A. Moraski Alexinski (1894 - 1977)*

Jennie Moraski (1901 - 1949)*

Raymond Moraski (1907 - 1951)*

*Calculated relationship

Burial:

Saint James Cemetery

Naugatuck

New Haven County

Connecticut, USA

Created by: RAYMOND TAMOWSKI

Record added: Mar 21, 2012

Find A Grave Memorial# 87132959

This is John and Mary Krulikoski's son Thaddeus. I believe John's middle initial "T" stands for Thaddeus, and thus named their son that. Thaddeus's middle initial is "E".

a24.jpg

Longbranch

Hmmm... interesting family dynamic. I highly doubt that Thaddeus is John's biological son, if John's birth year is correct. Coupled with a 20+ year difference between husband and wife (again, assuming the birth year is correct). Not impossible, but worth checking into. I find it odd that Mary's obituary doesn't discuss when she married John. Hmmm... like I said... interesting!

Longbranch

Hmmmmm... There are some serious timeline issues going on. I almost wonder if we are dealing with two different people with the same name?

The 1966 obituary for Mary mentions she was the widow of John T. Krulikoski. Yet a John T. Krulikoski appears to have been able to read the February 1967 issue of The American Legion Magazine (which featured an article on the history of the jeep) and write a letter to the editor that got published in the April 1967 issue.

Definitely something worth looking into!

Longbranch

It appears that there was at least a Sr. and a Jr. John Krulikoski. It's possible the dogtags are from the Jr., and the Sr. married Mary at some point.

MIDKIFF, Irene K., of Narrows, died Tuesday, February 1, 2000 at her home. She was born July 14, 1918 in Naugutuck, Connecticut, the daughter of John Krulikoski and Antonina Obojska Krulikoski. She was preceded in death by her husband, Jesse W. Midkiff; her parents; and her brother, John Krulikoski, Jr. She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Garfield B. Midkiff (Gary) and Mary Midkiff of Rich Creek; three granddaughters, Karen M. Etgen of Narrows, Barbara M. Quesenberry and husband, Charlie of Rich Creek, Jessica M. Vanscavish and husband, Rodney of Springtown, Pennsylvania; two great-grandsons, Dustin and Shaun Quesenberry; and one niece, Dianne Librandi of provenance, Rhode Island. She was a member of the Woodland Street Baptist Church in Narrows. A memorial service will be held at the Riffe's Funeral Chapel in Narrows on Sunday, February 6, 2000 at 2 p.m., with Rev. Stanley Harvey officiating. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial contributions be made to the Giles County Rescue Squad, Pearisburg, Va. 24134.

Information sourced from: Roanoke Times (Feb. 4, 2000)

Accessed via Newsbank's "Access World News" online database.