Please post WW2 explosives and demolitions displays

ironsights66

ironsights66

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this so feel free to tell me if it isn't. I would like to make a WW2 Army Engineers demolition display, but it doesn't seem like much information is out there. If you could show me what I should have and where to get it, or preferably how to make it that would be quite helpful. I am a Engineer in the Army Reserve so I have a decent concept but I know most of the stuff we use now was fist used in Vietnam. Strangely enough I could find later versions of FM 5-25 as scans for free quite easily on the internet, but nothing for the ww2 editions. I ordered an original 1942 edition from griffin militaria. Is this going to lack a lot of information that would be found in the 1944 edition? thanks.

Brian Keith

In the book, "Spearheading D-Day", by Jonathan Gawne, is some great info and photos. Used copies are probably available. It is a great book!

BKW

TheGrayGhost

There is a pretty significant difference between the two editions. The 1942 will focus almost exclusively on TNT, while the 1944 will have a much broader emphasis on other explosives devoloped during the war. The 1942 is still useful as TNT was the primary explosive used throughout the war.

TM 9-1900 Ammunition, General and TM 9-1940 Land Mines are very useful and both have digital versions available online.

The WWII Demolitions group on Yahoo also has a lot of great information and resources for creating reproductions:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wwiidemolition/info

Dirt Detective

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this so feel free to tell me if it isn't. I would like to make a WW2 Army Engineers demolition display, but it doesn't seem like much information is out there. If you could show me what I should have and where to get it, or preferably how to make it that would be quite helpful. I am a Engineer in the Army Reserve so I have a decent concept but I know most of the stuff we use now was fist used in Vietnam. Strangely enough I could find later versions of FM 5-25 as scans for free quite easily on the internet, but nothing for the ww2 editions. I ordered an original 1942 edition from griffin militaria. Is this going to lack a lot of information that would be found in the 1944 edition? thanks.

Welcome..you can start here, this may have some info you can use.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/1105-demolition-kits-ref/

ironsights66

There is a pretty significant difference between the two editions. The 1942 will focus almost exclusively on TNT, while the 1944 will have a much broader emphasis on other explosives devoloped during the war. The 1942 is still useful as TNT was the primary explosive used throughout the war.

TM 9-1900 Ammunition, General and TM 9-1940 Land Mines are very useful and both have digital versions available online.

The WWII Demolitions group on Yahoo also has a lot of great information and resources for creating reproductions:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wwiidemolition/info

That was what I wondered about, by chance do you know of any sources for the 1944 edition? I can't seem to find a copy. The way I look at it the 1945 edition (which I have recently purchased) will include things that were only available at the very end of the war. I would like to have the 44 since I will have the other two and combined they should give a pretty good idea of what is appropriate for when.