WWII 17th Airborne Patch Opinion

Kadet

Looks good to me, in the Twill between the center blue? I heard somewhere they used that variation for a particular campaign

Frogman, that's a piece of crap. You need me to send you my address so you can send it down to NC?? Alex :rolleyes:

Looks good to me, in the Twill between the center blue? I heard somewhere they used that variation for a particular campaign

This appears to be a variation of the Type 7 SSI based on the work of 17thairborne in the above pinned thread of 17th Airborne SSI: Part 1. For some reason all of the photographs associated with this thread have disappeared but I have another image of a Type 7 pictured below. It was described by 17thairborne as a fully embroidered, horizontal stitched, outline stitching, one piece on blue twill. The 17th Abn Div SSI on your uniform is the same patch just embroidered on a different (off greenish herringbone twill) base material. Based on the sales tag this is probably a WW2 era piece.

post-1389-0-38900500-1526272179.jpg

post-1389-0-05828200-1526272192.jpg

post-1389-0-19972400-1526272212_thumb.jpg

Andy,

I have one exactly like it on OD HBT material.

It is rather sad that the photos have disappeared from the pinned reference in this section, but they have been gone for years now.

Allan