Larry Pistole...RIP

tarbridge

My dear old friend has passed away from a lingering illness.Larry has worn many hats...Vietnam Army Veteran a survivor of the Firebase Maryann Battle, a Police Officer and a very successful Militaria Dealer. Larry also authored "The Pictorial History of the Flying Tigers".

Rest easy Brother...

rps20180513_131605.jpg

manayunkman

I would always see Larry at the Carlisle Antique show during the 90s.

He bought tons of stuff from me over the years.

Wasn't his father in the Flying Tigers and Larry grew up in their presence?

Somewhere I have a signed copy of his book.

daniel griffin

Sure sorry to hear about Larry, we were friendly competitors at the Atlantic City antique show for many years. We partnered many things with never a problem, I always found him to be a straight shooter.

Larry was a frequent sight at local gun/militaria shows. I always enjoyed talking to him and have bought a number of items from him over the years. He will be missed.

John Conway

What a distinct honor it is to have been counted among Larry's friends. I can't think of any words that define the loss for me personally.

We are watching the passing of the greatest generation of collectors now.

Larry's contributions to the hobby as an author, collector and dealer are a great tribute to the legacy we all share.

He worked diligently for the recognition of his fellow veterans. He always had time for friends and strangers alike.

His distinct work with the history of the Flying Tigers/AVG is a priceless tribute to them as well as to Larry and his wonderful family.

Vaya con Dios Larry Pistole!

John Conway

It's my privilege to share this message from Larry's family with forum members :

"From the wife of Larry Pistole, Teresa Pistole, - I would like to express my sincere appreciation to all who have enjoyed knowing Larry over the years. I know he is at peace, no longer in pain and reunited with his family, friends, pets and especially the boys from fire base Mary Ann. He is the Lucky One. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, comments and support.

Sincerely,

Teresa Pistole and sons Alex an Tyler"

My condolences to Teresa, Alex, and Tyler. I never met Larry in person, only through email. He was always helpful, patient, and a very honest man.

Condolences to Larry's family and friends.

I'm sorry to say I didn't know him personally but do recognize the name.

post-342-0-60774600-1526707931.jpg

wartimecollectables.com

Damn sorry to read this. His Flying Tiger book a favorite from many years ago and when I learned years ago that he was at Mary Ann, my admiration heightened.

• 2 months later...
josesharontraders

Agreed..big condolences already relayed to his family. Was lucky enough to speak to him overseas some end 2017 whenever he felt better. He was a great curator, with lots of matter of fact stories as he dealt with the AVG members and his fellow vets. He even asked me to share with Mrs. Lydia Rossi some AVG Bill of Rights document passed on from him. All hail...and thank you, Larry, for the knowledge you passed on.

Sorry I was late here because haven't been consistently back to the hobby in some years.