D-Day Helmet Grouping Navy Corpsman

Screamingeagles101

stealthytyler

Can we please stop giving the guy a hard time? People are on this forum for many many different reasons. Some people can't understand why someone would sell anything from their collection. Some people can't understand why people wouldn't want to flip an item for a profit. Some people on here make a living with running their militaria business which means buying low and selling high...and these are the same people giving this young man grief.

Do I think his asking price is realistic for the helmet he is trying to flip? No, not at all. His prices have always been high. But to each their own.

Screamingeagles101

Can we please stop giving the guy a hard time? People are on this forum for many many different reasons. Some people can't understand why someone would sell anything from their collection. Some people can't understand why people wouldn't want to flip an item for a profit. Some people on here make a living with running their militaria business which means buying low and selling high...and these are the same people giving this young man grief.

Do I think his asking price is realistic for the helmet he is trying to flip? No, not at all. His prices have always been high. But to each their own. 

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Just for the record though, my price is based off of another foxy 29’hemet that sold on eBay a while back.

So I wouldn’t say unrealistic lol

But thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stealthytyler

Is this the helmet you are referencing? It was a named FOXY29 medical officer helmet with the rank/rate, ship grey and medical cross panel. It sold in the $7k range on Ebay I think. Someone on the forum won it in a bidding war.

post-131595-0-44915000-1531339272.jpeg

post-131595-0-41533900-1531339280.jpeg

Screamingeagles101

Is this the helmet you are referencing? It was a named FOXY29 medical officer helmet with the rank/rate, ship grey and medical cross panel. It sold in the $7k range on Ebay I think. Someone on the forum won it in a bidding war.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 12.56.06 PM.jpeg

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 12.56.18 PM.jpeg

Yes sir, thats the one. I figured mine has the Named Helmet, Named Haversack, & 68 pages of his military record. Being mine come with a bit extra, I took that into account when thinking of a price. I’d be willing to take around 7K for it though.

The value of this helmet being based off the prior mentioned helmet is totally unrealistic. The two helmets are not even in the same ballpark.

Strange and weird.

So you really are not a collector at all , just a budding dealer-opportunist who only wants to line his pockets.

You only care about the helmets history because it fits into your sales pitch while having honest collectors here help you.

Transparent.

And pretty sad.

vintageproductions

Some people on here make a living with running their militaria business which means buying low and selling high...and these are the same people giving this young man grief.

That is an awfully broad stroke there you are painting with your brush. People who sell military for the most part, pay very fair prices for their items, and don't go onto public forums bragging about what they paid, and brag about doing a back door deal on Ebay, and then within a couple of months put it on the same public forum with a huge mark-up. If dealers did this they would be tarred and feathered by every keyboard commando and threads would be started about said dealer, and then everyone would come out of the woodwork to publicly condemn a dealer. They would also not be in business for very long as if the word got out that this is what they do and then brag about it, the majority of the collecting community would boycott them and their sales. So in the future you may want to think your words out a lot more carefully before you make a public comment like this again.

Screamingeagles101

Why don’t you’s explain how they aren’t similar...

They both have a similar history.

They are Corpsman helmets.

They were in the same unit.

And they both saw combat.

Only difference is mine comes with a Named haversack and documentation.

Explain yourselves.

Screamingeagles101

Bottom line is, it’s my helmet and I paid for it. I’ll do what I want with it. I have been passionate about militaria since I was young. No one tells me what I can and cannot do.

Don’t like it? Don’t comment on my threads.everyone on here always wants to ridicule me. I’m sick of it.

Why dont yous explain how they arent similar...

They both have a similar history.

They are Corpsman helmets.

They were in the same unit.

And they both saw combat.

Only difference is mine comes with a Named haversack and documentation.

Explain yourselves.

We will start with the painted medic roundel on the other helmet. FYI, since you did some more research on it, it came with other named pieces also.

Screamingeagles101

We will start with the painted medic roundel on the other helmet. FYI, since you did some more research on it, it came with other named pieces also.

A trunk...

A trunk...

You totally miss the point that the other helmet is a painted helmet. Painted helmets bring premiums.

You think that people here ridicule you, you DONT LISTEN to what anyone says.

vintageproductions

Bottom line is, it’s my helmet and I paid for it. I’ll do what I want with it. I have been passionate about militaria since I was young. No one tells me what I can and cannot do.

Don’t like it? Don’t comment on my threads.everyone on here always wants to ridicule me. I’m sick of it.

I think you need to walk away from the computer for awhile and take some long deep breaths and rethink how you are conducting yourself with this thread. You think everyone is attacking you and they are not.

Lets make this easy so you can understand price wise

The medic helmet = the Mona Lisa

Your helmet = a match stick man drawn by a child

Thats the price difference

ww2guymandude

I’ve been staying quiet reading this thread the whole time, but my god this made me lose it!!! LOL

Screamingeagles101

Wow, your really pissing me off, I don’t know what your problem is. At first I Apparently ripped the guy off when I bought it for 1K & now I it’s a child’s helmet worth nothing.

Get your story straight Penguin.

vintageproductions

Wow, your really pissing me off, I don’t know what your problem is. At first I Apparently ripped the guy off when I bought it for 1K & now I it’s a child’s helmet worth nothing.

You are not listening to my post above about stepping back and taking a breather.

No one is saying it is a child's helmet they are saying it is night and day different then the other one that was posted. You seem to only read and understand what you want to.

If I or any other Mod or Admin member have to come in here again and edit anything you post there will either be a "time out" or just a banning, so think about that for a bit.

BILL THE PATCH

I'm stealing that analogy for use in the future. Thanks it's a good one

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Screamingeagles101

I’ve taken a step back & composed myself with deep breaths.

Now.

Can someone please tell

Me what they believe the helmet is valued at? Like an actual dollar amount.

Thank you.

Screamingeagles101

I’ve taken a step back & composed myself with deep breaths.

Now.

Can someone please tell

Me what they believe the helmet is valued at? Like an actual dollar amount.

Thank you.

Well, the whole grouping as a whole, not just the helmet.

Well, the whole grouping as a whole, not just the helmet.

So now you want trustworthy advice from the helmet community, the same community who has always given you advice, but you always neglected to heed.

Screamingeagles101

So now you want trustworthy advice from the helmet community, the same community who has always given you advice, but you always neglected to heed.

Ok.

I'm stealing that analogy for use in the future. Thanks it's a good one

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I thanks you Sir.