Army regulation officer' hat.

Kilroy56

If I learned my lesson well, (many thanks for your time Matt ) , this is a typical late WW2 / KW officer's hat.

Am I correct ?

Dominique

post-105887-0-09513600-1525800123.jpg

post-105887-0-38483500-1525800165.jpg

post-105887-0-22571500-1525800216.jpg

post-105887-0-70389300-1525800372.jpg

Appears to be 1944 dated, so yes it fits into the late WW2 scenario.....With the backstrap, could be Army Air Corps, Bodes

I dont think backstraps have anything to do with branch, Ive seen many different visors with backstraps some engineers. I believe it was just an additional option when purchasing these caps

I dont think backstraps have anything to do with branch, Ive seen many different visors with backstraps some engineers. I believe it was just an additional option when purchasing these caps

I didn't say exclusively air corps....I believe cavalry was also another...Bodes

thank you for your thoughts Gentlemen. They are appreciated.

One more question , if I may, which regulations does the yellow tag refer to ?

Regards,

Dominique

thank you for your thoughts Gentlemen. They are appreciated.

One more question , if I may, which regulations does the yellow tag refer to ?

Regards,

Dominique

That just means it's made to military specifications (regulations)......I don't know why they did that on a quartermaster issued cap....One can look under the sweat band and see the specification number, which infers it's regulation, Bodes

During WW2, the US government contracted with hat makers to buy unmarked 'generic' officer caps for sale at the military PXs (Post Exchanges where uniform items, insignia, and personal items could be purchased). These are "regulation caps", as seen above, with no maker's logos or other markings except hidden under the sweatband. The other category of officer caps are the 'private purchase' ones (even though all officers were required to buy their own uniforms and were given an allowance to do so). These are the caps with logos and labels inside identifying the maker and sometimes model (such as Bancroft Zephyr, Imperial De Luxe, or Lewis Fly-Weighter) of the cap. These tended to be more finely tailored, higher quality, more comfortable, and more expensive than regulation type caps.