• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 PhilippineBuckles

PhilippineBuckles
  • Members
    • Member ID: 170,933
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:00 AM

Okay -- for those too lazy to look it up the urban dictionary has the following definitions...

"No muff too tough -- An expression used to describe a person's complete lack of discretion in selecting those whom he/she chooses to perform oral sex on."

"Dive at five -- An phrase used to express total eagerness in the prospect of or opportunity to perform oral sex on a woman."

@Salvage Sailor -- Thank you for sharing part of the SEAL Oath.  I never would have imagined.

I haven't seen the movie Lone Survivor, yet,  but I just found a short video clip of someone reciting a slightly different variation of the SEAL Oath on YouTube.

#27 PhilippineBuckles

PhilippineBuckles
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:07 AM

aka "Ballad of the Frogman"

#28 sigsaye

sigsaye
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,104
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:42 AM

Okay -- for those too lazy to look it up the urban dictionary has the following definitions...
"No muff too tough -- An expression used to describe a person's complete lack of discretion in selecting those whom he/she chooses to perform oral sex on."
"Dive at five -- An phrase used to express total eagerness in the prospect of or opportunity to perform oral sex on a woman."

@Salvage Sailor -- Thank you for sharing part of the SEAL Oath.  I never would have imagined.

I haven't seen the movie Lone Survivor, yet,  but I just found a short video clip of someone reciting a slightly different variation of the SEAL Oath on YouTube.

Sorry. Never heard of Urban Dictionary. Wont bother again.

#29 PhilippineBuckles

PhilippineBuckles
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:07 PM

My apologies Sigsaye, no offense was meant.  The one absolute that I've learned in life is the Law Of Least Effort (i.e. humans tend toward whatever is easiest).  I was lazy myself in my original post about this buckle and should have just linked to the Urban Dictionary so as to avoid mucking up the site with what some might find risqué text.

#30 sigsaye

sigsaye
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,104
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:15 PM

My apologies Sigsaye, no offense was meant.  The one absolute that I've learned in life is the Law Of Least Effort (i.e. humans tend toward whatever is easiest).  I was lazy myself in my original post about this buckle and should have just linked to the Urban Dictionary so as to avoid mucking up the site with what some might find risqué text.

I also, at times on various groups and pages, ask if google is not available In some peoples area. However with this, I assumed it was something I would not find with an internet search. Today did not start well. Had 150 bales of hay to move and stack, 2 horses needed to be hauled to a neighbor (an hour away), there was one of our cows standing in the front yard (break in fence), and, one of the trucks to haul hay would not go into reverse. It was 0700, hadnt had coffee and it was trying to rain. So, my apologies for a short fuse.
Steve.

Edited by sigsaye, 16 December 2018 - 02:16 PM.

#31 Kurt Barickman

Kurt Barickman

Forum Subject Advisor

• FORUM SUBJECT ADVISOR
    • Member ID: 199
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

From 1973-1983, I spent so much time in Subic, I actually used the address of one of the bars there as a leave address! But, I used to love hanging out in the shops that made the buckles. They had boxes of blank buckles. The Craftsman would clamp one in a vise, coat it with (what looked like to me), liqued white shoe polish. Then, with a pencil, draw the design. These designs were mostly standard rating insignia. Custom work was drawn out on pieces of paper. Once the design was finished, they would start Tinking away with a small hammer and chisel set. Used to fascinate me. That and the tailor shops where they made patches. Loved that stuff.

#32 Kurt Barickman

Kurt Barickman

Forum Subject Advisor

• FORUM SUBJECT ADVISOR
    • Member ID: 199
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:00 PM

Subic Bay; let me count the way. Many memories and nothing I will post here. Thanks for posting the photos of the artisans on Magsaysay Drive.
Kurt

#33 Salvage Sailor

Salvage Sailor

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 2,322
  • 10,467 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:08 PM

Naval Bazar - Where fleet buckles and patches are born, Magsaysay Drive, Olongopo PI

Complete with Jeepneys, rolled sailor and PC in trail.....

Attached Images

• Olongapo (1).jpg

#34 easterneagle87

easterneagle87
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,131
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:21 PM

Love these subversive ones! Even though I was an oficer, and would've "obviously frowned" on such behavior, there is alweays the edge as to what can I get away with. I had a warrant officer show up wearing an name tag on his flight suite with what appeared to be "bush" wings. I think he'd just came back from Korea. I didn't pass judgement but should have probably said something due to the fact my PIC was an experienced female W3. Funny yes, appropriate - no. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users