• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ScottG

ScottG
  • Members
    • Member ID: 104,832
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

On August 4-5th, The Michigan Military Heritage Museum, The Michigan WWI Centennial Commission, and the Village of Grass Lake will hold its WWI Commemoration.

This event will include music, military and civilian vehicles of the era, food, beer, wine, mixed drinks of the era, Red Cross activities at our 1871 Coe House Museum as well as a period supper for re-enactors, weapons exhibits and demonstrations, a bouldering wall, photo ops with uniforms and uniformed participants, and much more.

We will have dignitaries from the Governors office as well as the US WWI Centennial Commission. Media coverage, and of course souvenirs! We plan to have no less than 3 period musical acts including a Ragtime Band, the 126th Army Band and an English/Irish style group called "The Dugouts" as well as a pump organ player at the Coe House Museum location. Also looking at a Bluegrass group.

We would love to see more uniformed, or civilian dressed re-enactors as well as anyone with a WWI era vehicle who could make the trip to Michigan. We are located in Grass Lake which is right off of I-94 between Ann Arbor and Jackson. We are quite close to US-23 and US 127 as well. We have limited free camping space and offer a Saturday meal for re-enactors. More info to come soon! If interested PM me here and I can answer any questions you may have.   Scott

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users