A bunch of paratrooper knives I came across today

usmce4

Went antiquing today and glanced in a showcase in an indoor antique/flea market and thought for a minute I was hallucinating. I asked who was selling these knives and they told me that vendor had already left for the day. The case was locked, I looked from every angle but couldn't see any prices, just a label on the tray that said "U. S. Military".

I know the bone ones are military, does anybody know if the weirdly colored ones are too?

Art

post-168413-0-38106400-1525043204_thumb.jpg

Ahhhhh!!! Probably lucky for me the vendor wasn't there. I would have wound up screwed. (I was already setting my alarm clock for 6AM next Sunday)

Thanks, Art

There are some good knives from what I can see. The third knife with a bail may be a Schrade Walden and if so not issued by the military. Still if it works a good knife. If you go to the second picture the sixth knife with the bone handle look at how the blade point is above the handles. This is called peeking and does affect the value quite a bit. I would venture the dealer knows what he as.In the first picture the fifth knife over with the stag handles is a parts knife made Olsen knife company in MI. The real ones were made by AEIREL in the 20's and does not have die cast release lever. Even so if it is minty a retail value is 4 to 5 hundred. Now I said retail but this may give you a heads up on his prices. I wish I was going to look at them great find. Switchblade collectors are some of the pickiest collectors. I am not sure about posting links here but there is a auction site for autos, kind of slow right now I think due to ebay not taking down the switchblades like they used to. In many cases buyers on ebay are paying much to much for most knives.

Good luck

Dennis aka nifman

i

• 2 weeks later...