Sgt Billy Dee Bailey USMC-USA

patches

post-34986-0-08781800-1524932312_thumb.jpg

While doing a search for guys I knew in the Army, just for the fun of it to see what I could find, much to my dismay and shock I find this while looking for one, a Findagrave. Billy Dee Bailey, Bailey a Menard Texas native had served prior in the USMC, coming in like 1974, stationed on Okinawa with the 3rd Mar Div, he did not participate in any of those operations connected to the fall of Saigon or the Mayaquez Incident, yet we see VIETNAM, this is because he was in during the official years of this conflict. Bailey got out after 4, returned home, married his hometown girlfriend and in early 1980 reenlisted in the Army, given the grade of Sergeant E-5 right off the bat, and got as his first duty assignment the 1st Cav Div in his home state of Texas. He obviously stayed in for quite awhile, as his rank as we see is SFC E-7.

Have no idea what happened to him, and a further search, I find his Mother's,Obit from 2016, who I met once briefly when he and his wife took me and another guy in our squad for a weekend in his hometown, in her OBIT, it states that not only Billy Dee predeceased her but also alarmingly, her Daughter in Law Mary, that, Billy Dee's wife, also known as Mary Wilson Bailey, her father was a retired USAF Chaplain and was from Junction Texas, so damn they're both gone, so what was it? a car crash or something! I can't find no more info.

Semper Fidelis-Semper Paratus and Blue Lancers Sir to you My old Sergeant and old Buddy.

• 1 year later...

Hi, my name is Justin Bailey and Bill was my father. Please feel free to E- mail me at [email protected] And I can tell you more.

Unbelievable that you should find this post I made, I am very glad you looked in. I shall Email now.

• 2 years later...
aerialbridge

Too young.  RIP.   btw, that is the longest upright VA headstone I've ever seen.   Must be the Texas version.  😉