Militaria Hunting in a Hoarder House-WWII Jeeps

warpath

A year ago we went on a trip and bought a cannon that led to a house full of stuff and a garage that had been burned and exposed for years...These images show a little of what we dug through and found... Eventually several vehicles were rescued including three MG cars and several WWII US Army Jeeps in various conditions. ..What the photos and videos can't show is the depth of crapola and the intense smells associated with all the piles of molded and mildewed...The house had been owned by a man who for many years in the 1930s through the 1960s maintained a military museum...That historical fact was the reason we agreed to empty the house which took about 2 1/2 months working every other day...At some point in the process we dubbed it Hell House for the obvious reasons we were descending into a Hell in search of military treasure...It was a seriously messed up adventure that yielded few rewards other than aches, pains, cuts and bruises and likely damage to our internal organs from inhaling so much putrid air and dust through the weeks of urban archaeological excavation and room spelunking...These are just a few shots of our quest and the videos illustrate it even better...In the end after months of nasty, smelly, stinky, grimy, heavy work and no less than seven large construction dumpsters filled and emptied we came up with no militaria...The day before we hit the final room I found a letter dated 1969 from the owner's lawyer informing him that his military museum could not be located and the lawyer advised him to call off the hunt!!! KFC!!! Someone had bought it and never paid or he loaned it as collateral in 1969! The hunt continues...

https://www.facebook.com/pg/WarpathMilitaria/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1872364809462489

post-3653-0-89329500-1524410161.jpg

I'm not sure why you call those jeeps junkers, I've seen quite a few restored to factory new that seemingly were in a lot worse shape. Any more pics?

For all things jeep-related see the g503.com forums.

BILL THE PATCH

That's an awesome find, still has shovel and axe. Amazing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The TD one looks like an older restoration. The other jeep and stacked body don't look too bad either... even if only as a parts donor. For example original marked bolts on average can do $5-10 each so careful what you send to the scrapheap. :)

The photo that started our ill fated Expedition into the Bowels of Hell House in search of the mythical private Military Museum...

post-3653-0-80954000-1524597786_thumb.jpg

Ed, At least you have a photo and jeeps to motivate you. I'm helping clean out a house that has had no veterans in the family. There are three stories that look like this:

post-203-0-53826100-1524600209.jpg

However, I was very surprised when this was pulled out:

post-203-0-71511500-1524600280.jpg

So keep hunting, that museum may still be in there somewhere!

The day before we hit the final room I found a letter dated 1969 from the owner's lawyer informing him that his military museum could not be located and the lawyer advised him to call off the hunt!!! Hilarious!!! Someone had bought it and never paid or he loaned it as collateral in 1969!

No museum, No militaria, just rooms full to the ceilings with useless Crapola!