AEF Service Uniform & Group. 303rd F.A.

Wally76

I recently inherited my Great Grandfathers belongings from the war. He was 303rd field artillery. He kept every document from his draft notice till his discharge, every letter from Camp Devens to France between he and my Great Grandmother and souvenirs from France as well.

post-179275-0-40887400-1524139570_thumb.jpg

My Great Grandmother was very much into geneology and preservation. She even had her fathers Marine Corp pay records from the 1880s. She kept every family related document she could.

Brian Dentino

This is fantastic. Wonderful you have all of these family items now in your care for future generations! Great grouping as well I might add.......

This one is my favorite. This is a baby photo of my Grandmother. She was born in 1918, and just passed away this last August. My Great Grandfather carried this photo overseas with him.

post-179275-0-48279400-1524155816_thumb.jpg

Wally,

Thank you for sharing. You are extremely fortunate that your family had the forethought to keep all of this together and in nice shape.

Congratulations on the "hand me downs".

I recently inherited my Great Grandfathers belongings from the war. He was 303rd field artillery. He kept every document from his draft notice till his discharge, every letter from Camp Devens to France between he and my Great Grandmother and souvenirs from France as well.

Some other material from other family members, too? The overseas cap is a WW2 enlisted man's cap with infantry Branch of Service trim and the Distinctive Unit Trimming for the 4th Infantry Regiment, the red and green ribbon. A nice item on its own.

Some other material from other family members, too? The overseas cap is a WW2 enlisted man's cap with infantry Branch of Service trim and the Distinctive Unit Trimming for the 4th Infantry Regiment, the red and green ribbon. A nice item on its own.

You just solved a big mystery for me. My Grandmother always said the cap for the uniform existed but it hadnt been seen for some time. Then when i went to pick the uniform up after she passed i find this cap neatly tucked in with the uniform. It had never been there before, so one of my Uncles must have found it and assumed it was my Great Grandfathers. Thanks you for pointing that out.

Only person i can think of that was in WW2 was my GGrandfathers youngest Brother Carl. Ill have to look into if this may have been his cap. Thanks again!

littlewilly

How great to see all this still together. We don't get to see the groupings like this very often anymore. Bless your great grandmother for seeing to it that it was all preserved for the family and posterity! MHJ