another D-bail on ebay!

Costa

Like any artist that fakes others art work, deceive for profit. I think these guys are in there own club, and laugh when they sell a piece of junk, for prices like this. A great profit for a couple days work....

So, I didn't comment on your post in the other topic, as I have a keen eye for rhetoric.

However, you have worn me down my good man.

I can't answer what they're trying to prove, owed to individual motivation. However, people who intentionally defraud others will continue to do so until they are visited by the cops. For all the tantrums I've read on forums, the sum total of those that have involved authorities is an impressive: 0. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, just not to my knowledge.

Now, I'm not talking about someone who doesn't know that what they're selling is bad, and makes an honest mistake.

I'm talking about folks that make up bad helmets and sell them as originals with intent.

I don't know what prevents people from seeking restitution through the courts. Maybe embarrassment, maybe the belief that nothing will come of it, don't have the time, who knows?

What I am sure of, is curling up behind a computer screen and whining about it does nothing.

what I don't understand is what are these make up artists trying to do and prove with this fake crap.

Im almost positive that when this helmet was first sold on eBay it was sold by seller co.b_collectibles, a user that specifically sells reproductions and makes no secret as such. This one looks very similar in paint job and ageing to that users other reproductions, and was probably somewhere around the $350 range.

My guess is its changed hands since then and the seller is trying to make a profit.

...I don't know what prevents people from seeking restitution through the courts. Maybe embarrassment, maybe the belief that nothing will come of it, don't have the time, who knows?

What I am sure of, is curling up behind a computer screen and whining about it does nothing.

Couldn't agree more. We see these things always being called out but when was the last time someone, anyone, just one person, took a faker to court? Let this happen a few times and the fakers will disappear as they see severe fraud repercussions from a couple hundred dollars profit.