Bronze Star 3 purple heart 318th Grouping

stucky151

Out and about today and found this grouping tucked away at an antique store. Was not hard to pass it up. This group belongs to PFC Donald G Machado, of the 80th Div, 318th Regiment. He was wounded three times and awarded a Bronze star for action I am unable to locate. The star is engraved to him. Unfortunately the other medals are not named or numbered. Has a sterling pin back CIB, ribbon bars, collar insignia, a nice photo of him and two 318th DUIs made by c poellath schrobenhausen. Would love any information anyone can belp me with.

ASM 39696762 SSN 6233

Received second purple heart Dec 25 1944 for wounds received 22 Sep 1943 in Belgium.

Born 4 June 1924

Passed 30 June 1998

Thanks ahead of time!

Pic to follow

post-52581-0-53510700-1523662310_thumb.jpeg

Just asking a question, isn't the last ribbon a WW 1 Army of Occupation ribbon? How did someone born in 1924 get this?

I thought the same thing.

I thought the same thing.

My guess would be he mistakenly added it as the medal was created 21 Nov 1941 and the newer Army of Occupation was created 5 April 1946. Could just be confused even though he had the new medal?

Just asking a question, isn't the last ribbon a WW 1 Army of Occupation ribbon? How did someone born in 1924 get this?

It was fairly common for guys to use the old style until the WWII version became available in 1946.

Im finding it very hard to find anything on his Bronze Star, any help in thay area would be fantastic!!

Maybe for the CIB? If the engraving is the official late 1940s script style, it would fit into the timeframe when those Bronze Stars were converted.