48 Stars Soon To Come Home

Bugme

We have been living in Malta just a short time and recently found a 48 star "Old Glory" in incredible condition. While it may not be super valuable or a rare find, I feel obligated to repatriate it upon our return to the U.S. next year.

20180412_082621.jpg

huntssurplus

Very nice flag, usually these are a bit worn when you see them, it's nice to see one in as good condition as this. Good, you're bringing it back too!

Hunt

Not sure how it got here but, it has a bit of water staining which makes me think it was flown for a short time. The US has made Malta an occasional port of call since WW2 so, who knows.

20180412_140155.jpg

Wow, very nice.

(Keep an eye out for the Holy Grail there as well.)

Lol! Interestingly, there are many for sale in antique stores here but, I'm leaning toward them not being the "one". :)

That's great. Previous owner could have very well been assigned to the embassy. Many possibilities.

True, the area of the 3 previous U.S. embassies as well as the current one, are only a few miles from where I live. Of course being an island, everything is less than 17 miles from where I live. ;)

Garandomatic

Just make sure you choose wisely!

Lol! Interestingly, there are many for sale in antique stores here but, I'm leaning toward them not being the "one". :)