Son in Service Banner

huntssurplus

huntssurplus

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a son in service banner from WW2.

I have been looking at this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-US-Military-Son-in-Service-Window-Flag-Banner-with-Hanging-Rope/131580048805?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Any idea if this is from WW2, and if this is a good price for one?

Also interested if any forum member have banners they are looking to sell similar to this one from WW2 and pre WW2.

Thanks,

Hunt

Looks WW2

Had similar ones.

Cant say if price is high/low....with this stuff it basically buy it if you like it :)

huntssurplus

Looks WW2

Had similar ones.

Cant say if price is high/low....with this stuff it basically buy it if you like it :)

Okay great! I wanted to get one to hang up in my war room, I have been buying items to decorate the walls!

Thanks for the help,

Hunt

Also For the time being, if any members have similar items they want to sell, PM me!

I have many WWI and WWII in my collection i am fond of the WWII ones with photos of the soldier/sailor on it. I do own several cloth ones. If i were bidding i would offer $12 plus shipping but i would go no higher than $15 plus shipping for this particular one.

huntssurplus

I have many WWI and WWII in my collection i am fond of the WWII ones with photos of the soldier/sailor on it. I do own several cloth ones. If i were bidding i would offer $12 plus shipping but i would go no higher than $15 plus shipping for this particular one.

Okay great! Thanks for the info, will message the seller!

Thanks,

Hunt

trenchrat1918

That banner is probably WW2 to 1950's, as for price I think its a bit expensive for what it is. For the standard plane Jane banners I will pick them up if there under $20. I will send you a pm as I'm sure I have one or two laying around. Wes.

Hi Guys,

I am leaving this here for now, as it discusses the ebay banner in question. But remember to keep all wanted/sales activity in the "wanted" or "for sale" threads and not clog up the discussion posts.

(Plus as a shameless plug, I am 98% done with my book on service flags, so we will all have a big party when I get that to the publisher!)

Untitled-4.jpg

huntssurplus

Hi Guys,

I am leaving this here for now, as it discusses the ebay banner in question. But remember to keep all wanted/sales activity in the "wanted" or "for sale" threads and not clog up the discussion posts.

(Plus as a shameless plug, I am 98% done with my book on service flags, so we will all have a big party when I get that to the publisher!)

That's my fault for posting a wanted ad here, I actually just purchased this flag, (It says it sold for 19.99 but I offered $12 and the seller excepted). I have been interested in son in service flags for awhile especially since I have a lot of relatives who 3 or 4 brothers all served together. Glad this is my first one and hopefully I'll be purchasing more soon to add to the collection.

also let me know when your book is finished I would love to support fellow collectors!

Hunt