Marine Corps FSBE question

bheskett

I just picked up an FSBE coyote brown plate carrier. Can someone explain this system. Mine has no velcro at the top front and the pull ring is on the bottom front. Are there different versions? Is this used by all Marines or just MARSOC? I tried to google it but could not find the particular vest I have.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

post-3384-0-94198600-1523120032.jpg

post-3384-0-03579300-1523120048_thumb.jpg

Bob - Nice vest. There are different generations of the FSBE system. Someone smarter than me will educate far better than I can. Keep in mind our stuff is/was designed for not only vehicle egress but water egress as well. Is yours produced by Eagle? Also looks like you might have a mix of pouches as well.

Yes it is made by Eagle Industries. The large nomenclature tag has been removed. I was told this was 2005-06 date range. Pouches may or may not have been added later, this is how I got it.

• 6 months later...
Usmccollector

Really late but id like to chime in... Its a CIRAS vest, ueed by marine recon and marine expeditionary units. It looks like you have it on backwards. Really awesome and hard to come by piece!! Nice pickup

That's the "land" version of the Eagle CIRAS vest. I'm not sure how the Land and Maritime names were picked for the two models, seems to have no correlation to how they were used. The same vest is part of the FSBE, SFLCS, MLCS, DGLCS, etc. kits. The FSBE items are coyote brown, the others are more of a khaki. Only real difference.

The pouch configuration is a little odd, might have been stuck together. The mag pouch is commercial, made by Spec-Ops. The M60 pouch on the rear looks like a Blackhawk.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Land version of the MS-CIRAS from FSBE "Generation II". It is not backwards.

edit: anelles beat me too it while I was looking for my book.

Here is a photo of the "maritime" version of the FSBE-II CIRAS vest, from my collection. The vests are not MARSOC specific by any means, they pop up with a lot of Marine units.

0630mil_002.jpg

0630mil_003.jpg

And this is an earlier, first generation FSBE vest, also from my collection. These were originally issued in woodland camo and briefly later in coyote brown.

FSBE-01.jpg