Help ID U.C.V. Ribbon R.L.Simpson Camp VETERANS C.S.A.

Hi Everybody,

I found this ribbon and can't ID R.L. Simpson. I believe the middle initial is an 'L.' Anybody know who he was? Thanks.

post-165739-0-55183900-1523067970_thumb.jpg

Looks like "R.H. Simpson" to me.

A check on HDS shows this guy who would be deserving of having a UCV camp named in his honor:

Robert Henry Simpson

Residence was not listed; a 35 year-old Teacher.Enlisted on 4/18/1862 at Winchester, VA as a Captain.On 4/18/1862 he was commissioned into "B" Co. VA 17th Infantry He died of wounds on 6/9/1864 at Richmond, VAHe was listed as:* POW 6/30/1862 Frazier's Farm, VA (Exchanged for S. B. King 36th PA Inf.)* Confined 7/4/1862 Fort Columbus, NY* Confined 7/8/1862 Fort Warren, MA* Released 7/31/1862 (place not stated) (Was released for exchange)* Wounded 8/30/1862 2nd Manassas, VA* Wounded 5/16/1864 Drewry's Bluff, VA (Right leg amputated)* Hospitalized 5/18/1864 Richmond, VA Hospl 4Promotions:* Major 11/1/1862 Intra Regimental Company Transfers:* 11/1/1862 from company B to Field & Staff He was described at enlistment as:5' 8", sallow complexion, grey eyes, dark hairOther Information:born 7/26/1826 in Warren County, VABuried: Prospect Hill Cemetery, Front Royal, VA(Capt, Warren Rifles, 1859. His sword & revolvers on  display at Warren Rifles Con. Museum, Front Royal, VA)

If you want to find the Camp itself-- I'd look in Northern VA.

Scott

Thanks Scott,

This is awesome. I had already changed the mistake on the 'L' to an 'H' in my upcoming auction. I hope you don't mind if I add your information into my auction. This was very kind of you. Thanks again for your help,

Michael