UC M1 Garand Bayonet Finish.

SergeantMajorGray

SergeantMajorGray

From I've seen online Utica Cutlery bayonets seem to have a real dark finish. But is mine in original condition? Sorry the photos are bad but it's not a huge difference in good light.

post-104619-0-00219800-1523002462_thumb.pngpost-104619-0-38385100-1523002470_thumb.png

The finish looks like the black or really dark gray finish applied by the Greeks when they used these. The number stamped into the hilt were also applied by the Greeks and typically seen on the bayonets bayonets the CMP received from Greece about 10 years ago. It looks like the right pin holding the hilt in place has also been repaired or replaced. Hope this helps.

SergeantMajorGray

The finish looks like the black or really dark gray finish applied by the Greeks when they used these. The number stamped into the hilt were also applied by the Greeks and typically seen on the bayonets bayonets the CMP received from Greece about 10 years ago. It looks like the right pin holding the hilt in place has also been repaired or replaced. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info so this would be worth less than a average garand bayonet then?

I would agree with a Greek return. Still an original M1 but modified by them making it a little less valuable to a US collector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk