which m1 carbine to keep

644td

First let say I am sorry that I do not have pictures at the moment.

I have two m1 carbines and will need to sell one to fund another purchase and am not sure which I to sell.

One is a 6 digit inland and the other is a Saginaw. Both are mixmasters and look really nice.

Both have type 3 front band

Adjustable sights

The Saginaw is a mix of underwood and Saginaw parts with a I cut underwood stock

The Inland is a mix of everything from Winchester, etc with a nice postwar GI stock with nice cartouche.

I will try to get pictures made. Which will be better for the future as far as desirably?

Marty

If you plan on shooting it, keep the Inland. If it's going to be a safe queen, keep the Saginaw.

This is based primarily on the stock. The Saginaw should bring you more money when you sell than the Inland, so if that is a consideration, sell the Saginaw.

664, I would keep the I cut stock. Buy another carbine stock for the Saginaw and do as Ronald suggested.

Then look for an early Underwood.

Chuck

Sorry for the late reply and not for having pictures still, it has been very bust with the Easter weekend and work.

Thank you for the advice it means a lot. I would love to have an all original ww2 example and selling both would be a way to accomplish that but at the moment one will have to go. Both rifles have positives and negatives but the Saginaw I believe would have more selling potential in the future.

I will stil get the pictures.

Again I say thanks,

Marty

Don't have that kind of a problem deciding which one to keep here in New Jersey. ALL M1 carbines were banned in 1991. (Except for police officers).

Don't have that kind of a problem deciding which one to keep here in New Jersey. ALL M1 carbines were banned in 1991. (Except for police officers).

I know it is not always easy or economical to move, but why in the world do folks live in these states where taxes are outrageous and

laws are just plain stupid. I just wonder how many crimes are committed by a WW2 collectible.