Vietnam Weapons & Ordnance

LIFER

There was a lot used at that time, and aside from seeing those seen in museums, there is always one that is displayed.

Besides the usual M 14, M16, M60, the M26 and M67 practice grenades, there's the M1 & M3 machine guns and the M1 Carbine. But what about the other stuff, the M26 (?) Dragon, bazookas and re-coiless are others. Then there are the mortors and bombs. Whether it be replica's de-milled or other. I hear at times people that have large collections.

Hi Kris,

I remembered that as well, but did not list it. I was waiting for another, as yourself to do that. I also did not mention the M 1911, but I did now.

Is that your set up?

LIFER

Don't forget the other side! SKS, AK47..How about the 122mm rocket, RPG (A rocket-propelled grenade) just remembering a few. I was in the 199th 1967-68 saw these first hand. Here are just a few weapons we came across.

post-10083-0-14137000-1522598007.jpg

A lot of shotguns were used. Pistols such as the M1911 and .38 revolvers. The then sniper rifles, the model 70, m40, m21, M1D

Then you see mentions of about every prior military weapon being used on both sides. GArands, carbines, 1903A4's, 1903's, BAR's, Thompsons, 1919's, Grease guns.

Then you see so much mentions of foreign weapons Not only used by the enemy, but us as well. Like you always see mentions of the Swedish K was a very sought out weapon by special forces.

One vet told me, you could get anything you wanted over there.

johnsonlmg41

Indeed don't forget the M79, nor the M203! Some of these configurations you don't see every day. Yes all this stuff is registered/ transferable.....and a bunch of fun....now. A special thanks to the guys that used this stuff on the job!

post-18419-0-20076600-1522710510_thumb.jpg