Post your ww2 marine uniforms

Mr.B

Sorry .... ;)

Pretty common stuff, but I like it ...

Thanks,

Tim

COmmon! Haha.

What a great collection of uniforms! I esp. like the Corpsmans. Nice...

Stinger Gunner USMC

Dan, The Generals uniform is a classic example of why not to buy without doing your homework. I was looking through Manions last winter, right after the "million dollar collection" surfaced. and came across this uniform. It only had six minutes left of the auction when I found it and I saw the Army DSC and figured "how hard could that be to ID" and I bought it. Soon as I started looking over the photos after the auction was over I began to have a bad feeling, and sure enough there was no way this wasn't a put together.

The ribbons were extreamely close to Lt General Herman Nickerson, CG III MEF in Vietnam, so I decided to make it a "tribute uniform" I still need one more set of stars and the hard to find foreign awards.

The best thing about the uniform was the EGA's. a very minty set of clutchback officers emblems

post-1672-1229581909.jpg

Stinger Gunner USMC

Back on topic of WWII USMC uniforms. Here are a few of mine. I'm sure most have been posted somewhere on the forum before.

R I Snyder, III MAC, Okinawa, Occupation of China

post-1672-1229582092.jpg

Dan, The Generals uniform is a classic example of why not to buy without doing your homework. I was looking through Manions last winter, right after the "million dollar collection" surfaced. and came across this uniform. It only had six minutes left of the auction when I found it and I saw the Army DSC and figured "how hard could that be to ID" and I bought it. Soon as I started looking over the photos after the auction was over I began to have a bad feeling, and sure enough there was no way this wasn't a put together.

The ribbons were extreamely close to Lt General Herman Nickerson, CG III MEF in Vietnam, so I decided to make it a "tribute uniform" I still need one more set of stars and the hard to find foreign awards.

The best thing about the uniform was the EGA's. a very minty set of clutchback officers emblems

Sorry to hear that it was a put-togther. But hey, there's nothin wrong with a tribute uniform, either. I've got a Chesty tribute.

-Dan

Stinger Gunner USMC

Capt. Duncan M Cocke, Logistics Officer, 5th Marine Division and what is probably Col Justice M Chambers Unifom, CO 3/25

post-1672-1229583897.jpg

post-1672-1229583944.jpg

Stinger Gunner USMC

And of course I cant post 4th and 5th Mar Div officers uniforms and leave out the 3rd Mar Div, so here is Brigadier General Hartnoll J Withers unifrorm. He was CO of 3rd Tank Bn on Boginville and Guam, Landed with the 96th Division at Leyete, and was the CO of 21st Marines on Iwo. Retired in 1948 as CO Amphibious Training Command, Pac Fleet

post-1672-1229584253.jpg

Stinger Gunner USMC

Im not quite as into Air Wing stuff, so I always forget about this one.

Named to N A Guiliano. Has an Air Medal with star and one star on the Asia/Pac.

post-1672-1229584482.jpg

I always thought this one was worn on both shoulders.

Dan,

That's a good question. On the jacket I own, it only had the one patch .... there's no shadow of another one on the right shoulder. I only have one photo of a marine wearing the patch, and it is only on the left shoulder.

Thanks,

Tim

Kurt Barickman

Great stuff thumbsup.gif Have you got a name with the FMF HQ Corpsman tunic with the Legion of Merit ribbon?

Kurt Barickman

I'm babysitting by grandkids this evening so can't spend a lot of time photographing stuff but here are a couple starters.

This one belonged to a Marine Corsair pilot. He moved into the neighborhood a couple houses down from my parents while I was in Vietnam and I met him after I came home. We got to be pretty good friends and one afternoon over beers at his kitchen table, he gave this to me.

post-1107-1229650723.jpg post-1107-1229650730.jpg