M40 Gun Motor Carriage & M43 Howitzer Motor Carriage

Proud Kraut

Hey Lars, I wouldn't expect a masterpiece with a WIP photo. That's why it's a WIP. So far so good. You know what you have to do to make it to your liking.

Patience my friend, patience. I myself, I like the preliminary look.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Good point, Manny... Keep calm and build the next parts... At least I'm done with the scratchbuild parts after having finished the racks for the charges.

charges.jpg

• 1 month later...

After a very very busy month I finaly returned to my modeling desk today. I nearly finished the M 43. The little dio I'm thinking about will take place in Korea where both Howitzers saw action. I'll execute the M 40 in firing position and the M 43 on the march.

22 11 01.jpg

Both kits side by side. After having built both kits I do prefer the Tamiya one. Both kits are very detailed but the AFV Club one is much more difficult to build. Of course the Tamiya M 40 guncrew is another outstanding feature.

22 11 02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday the guns received a washing with fluid black color. Today I added multiple layers of different shades of OD.

12 12 a.jpg

• 1 month later...

The decals look great, especially the dragon. The weathering is very nice. I can tell you're using the vinyl tracks. Still doesn't take away from the fine work you've done here.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks Manny!

I was unsure if I should build a dio with the two guns or not. There's a nice set of figures with the Tamiya kit that scream for a dio. On the other hand I do not want to build another dio which will be stored away at the attic because of space limitations right after it is finished. In addition I'm thinking of beginning a new project at our new World Militaria Forum's modeling section. So many kits, so little time.

Sometimes it needs a single picture to trigger a decision. When doing some online research about the Korean war I came across pictures of the Korean War Veterans Memorial in Washington D.C.

KWVM.jpg