Pretty good weekend

Ronnie

My weekend search started on Thursday when I received a call at my office. The man who called had been referred to me by a local Pawn Shop. Said he had a gun and needed info. Bout an hour later he came in with this nice Remington Rand 1911A1. It had a rusty spot by the Property mark and serial number but wasnt that bad. I gave him what info I could and asked if it was for sale and he said yes. However he also had a nice in the box Colt 22 Conversion Kit, private purchase holster, two mag cases and five extra mags. I bought it all. Pictures below.

Then on Friday I went to a local Antique Mall and found this nice Musette bag, Modified pistol belt dated 43 and a nice clean 1918 Canteen cover. The pistol belt has loops added. They are too big for shotgun shells but WWII flares fit perfectly. Pictures below.

Thanks.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-18992800-1521405962.jpeg

post-7752-0-01123000-1521405973.jpeg

Thanks Ron.

There are two Pawn Shops here that will not deal in military firearms. I don’t understand it but I don’t care because they refer them all to me. I have picked up some fantastic stuff over the years. This was a heckuva deal.

Ronnie

Brian Dentino

Ronnie, that Remington-Rand is the "cats a$$" for sure, especially with the conversion kit! Awesome stuff. I have always wanted to add a WWII era .45 to my collection but have never found one that was priced right at a time I could afford it! Great additions for sure, and congrats sir!

everforward

That’s a great Remington Rand, pretty early in the scheme of things...it’s a Du-Lite finished pistol with the 2nd style slide legend...very nice piece you’ve acquired....well done..! :)

Thanks Brian and Everforward. Everforward you are right it is an early Remington Rand.....not the earliest but still a 43dated Gun and all matching. Brian just keep hanging on. It will happen one day.

Ronnie

Fire fighter.....Syracuse? How did you know I was pulling for Michigan State? I’m a Tom Izzo fan. He just can’t seem to break thru to the Sweet Sixteen. Hang on and a Remington Rand will find you one day.

Glad you like it.

You too Mike.

Ronnie