New Member in Virginia

JMcMillan

Hello, all.

Thanks for accepting me into the group. My main interest is in heraldry (in general, not just military) and I was impressed by the outstanding discussions I found here. Specifically, I'm doing a paper/presentation for an international heraldry conference in France this autumn on the topic of "The Great War and the Revolution in American Military Heraldry," and have found a wealth of information on this site.

I wanted to reach out in particular to the member who posts as "World War I Nerd" to ask for permission to use some of his images of WWI divisional insignia in use before the AEF's approval of divisional patches in October 1918--on vehicles and equipment, for example. It would be for a Power Point presentation; if the organizers of the conference also want to use them in print, I'd ask for separate permission, of course.

If someone reading this can point me in his direction, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

Joseph McMillan

Cobra 6 Actual

Ditto (hello and welcome from another Virginian). As for making contact with World War 1Nerd the easiest way is to send him a personal message: just open any thread he has posted on, ‘click’ on his avatar, then when his page opens up there will be a box in the top middle with “Send me a message”. Let me know if you need any further information... glad to help out!

Cobra 6 Actual

• 1 month later...