WWII Army Aide-de-Camp pictures

fordmustanggt_350

fordmustanggt_350

So I am looking to see if anyone could assist me with any known photos of Generals aides in WWII? I am looking for any WWII photos of known aides in the field or in the service jacket. Can anyone help me with this?

Purpose: I am an aide right now and I was asked to wear my pinks and greens to a ceremony honoring a WWII veteran. I have all of the correct insignia I just want to confirm 100% that I am doing it correctly to known WWII standards. That is unless anyone has a WWII manual that addresses aides.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Kevin

Purpose: I am an aide right now and I was asked to wear my pinks and greens to a ceremony honoring a WWII veteran. I have all of the correct insignia I just want to confirm 100% that I am doing it correctly to known WWII standards. That is unless anyone has a WWII manual that addresses aides.

It's pretty basic, the aide shields were worn in officer's branch insignia position on the lapels or left shirt collar. This is from WW2 uniform regs:

post-3982-0-89359200-1521066761_thumb.jpg

post-3982-0-46353400-1521066777_thumb.jpg

fordmustanggt_350

Thank you, I appreciate that! I guess what I am also asking was the single strand of aiguillette worn on the service coat for aides worn then as well or was it only the dress aiguillette?

Oh, sorry. Aiguillettes were only for dress uniforms at the time, there was no simplified service dress version. They may have been worn on the service dress with white dress shirt in peacetime, but they weren't really a thing for the army during the war.

According to Emerson (should have checked there first) the single-loop service aiguillette was first authorized in 1947.