Fantastic Korean War/ARVN Camo leaf Helmet

ArchangelDM

ArchangelDM

Just got this one in the post and I personally think its a killer lid. Multi colour helmet with black at the base , then a brown yellow and green. The yellow has aged and darkened to a cream , the whole camo has these intricate leaf shapes which Ive seen before in another helmet I have.

The linernis origibal to the helmet and I believe its eother a Korean name or a Vietnamese name , any help would be amazing on this one.

I am no expert on these so please feel free to tell me what era you believe it is.

Shows lots of use and discolouration to all parts including the chin straps. There is no anchor mark and the shell is a rear seam.

I look forward to your thoughts

Yours

Dean

Ww2 period. I uncovered a very similar pattern from a swivel bail helmet that had about 5 or 6 layers of paint on top. The camo paint had red brown, white and black splotches of paint. Sold it to member HoovieDude and he may still have pics of the lid in question

ArchangelDM

Ww2 period. I uncovered a very similar pattern from a swivel bail helmet that had about 5 or 6 layers of paint on top. The camo paint had red brown, white and black splotches of paint. Sold it to member HoovieDude and he may still have pics of the lid in question

Thats cool Info there CC

I know the Germans put camo leaf patterns on there helmets in WW2 so its cool to see a US piece. Ill give Hoover a pm to see his

Thanks

D.C

ArchangelDM

It looks like "BURN" is written in the liner in post # 10 near your thumb?

I think it does say burn or burns , still trying to work out the name on the ww2 liner

Thanks patch

ArchangelDM

Looks NOT Vietnam.

Looks like a made up POS.

owen

POS you say ,

Personally I was thinking more GGF

Yours

Dean

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

It certainly is interesting but I'm just not getting good vibes, as stupid as that sounds. Nothing really conscious, I just subconsciously don't like it for some reason I can't put my finger on.