Oh, the Stories They Weave...

Brig

This can be yours, for just $560!!! Only 3 known to exist...to the seller, who apparently doesn't realize they sell these at the PX for about 50 bucks...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/U-S-Marine-Corps-Framed-Photo-with-Official-Insignias-Badges-Patches-Since-1868/332581173744?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Hi! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. DUE TO THE GREAT INTEREST IN THIS UNIQUE PIECE--SEVERAL WATCHERS--I AM EXTENDING THE $80 DISCOUNT SALE OF THIS UNTIL 11:59 PM, SUNDAY, MARCH 11, 2018!! So if you want it for that special Marine, here are 80 more reasons to get it! There are only three of these known to exist. I purchased all three about 14 weeks ago. The first HOUR I had this at my cart at the Mall I sold one. For $140 more than I am selling this on ebay, including sales tax. I have no doubt I will sell the other one at my cart. THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I AM SELLING ON EBAY. The three were prepared for a customer three years ago, but were never paid for. This beautifully custom framed piece--it is covered with plexiglas so it won't break in transit--measures 24"x 36" and is meticulously matted and framed. It is stunning, and I hope you can see this on the photos. IT IS FAR BETTER IN PERSON. It features the official insignias used by the U.S. Marine Corps beginning in 1868, continuing with a revised edition in 1925, then a further revised version in 1936 and finally ending with the current one, which has been in use since 1954. The piece is adorned with two terrific Marine photos, including the iconic raising of the flag at Iwo Jima, and a plate describing the founding of the Marines in 1775. A great gift for any Marine or future Marine--the few, the proud. Shipping is free anywhere in the continental U.S. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii, shipping is $88. Rare and unique are words often tossed around meaninglessly. This is the real deal. To be cherished and passed down to future generations. Please pay by Paypal within four days of winning. If you have any questions, please ask. Shipped insured UPS and covered with sturdy plexiglass so it will not get damaged in transit. THIS IS TRULY AWESOME. Thanks. Jerry

hahahahaha.jpg

It's an officially licensed product, but of the style I refer to as 'PX Kitsch'...tacky moto crap of poor quality, like most of the trinkets at exchanges

I sent a messege to the seller, informing him of this. His reply was:

"Wow! Sounds like a great deal! Thanks for writing!"

Some people...

Well, could be a lot worse, he could have gone on the offensive like so many of them tend to do

I sent a messege to the seller, informing him of this. His reply was:

"Wow! Sounds like a great deal! Thanks for writing!"

Some people...

Ha! Well, it was pure sarcasm since he hasn't taken the sale down.