WWI CAMPAIGN BARS

JGC

I recently picked up this group of WWI campaign bars. Im thinking their British, but I was hoping someone might confirm that. Ive included a picture of a US bar for comparison. Thanks Jonpost-179-0-01339700-1520794619.jpegpost-179-0-27255000-1520794670.jpeg

The rope border ones are Navy/USMC, from my observation.

Stars signify combat zone campaigns. The plain one is Army.

Making an assumption....seems a shame to disassemble all those medals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJohn#3RD

Without going into a lot of detail the Ground Campaign Bars rope border are unofficial or fantasey AISNE, FRANCE, SIBERIA Navy/Marine Corp bars that were never authorized by the military. I would recommend buying a forum members book:

World War I - Victory Medals Paperback – July 14, 2014, by James P. Michels Jr. (Author),‎ Michael A. Podgorski (Editor),‎ Catherine A. Buckles (Editor)

https://www.amazon.com/World-War-I-Victory-Medals/dp/1497514177/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520819843&sr=1-1&keywords=World+War+I+Victory+Medals&dpID=51IGidEYlGL&preST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

It is on Amazon for I purchased his 2014 addition and it is a must have for anyone thinking of purchasing WWI Victory Medals. In fact just order the new expanded on he put out in 2016. One of the most informative books on medal collecting one can buy. I hope that helps

John

PS. I don’t getting anything from recommending the book LOL but I am sell you my old one after my new one arrives. :-)

The Claps gr you is the Gleim type-F1 (not authorized or issued)

Gleim used letter F for fake.

This clasp was produced in the 1960s and sold individually for 25 cents to a dollar each. It has a particularly noticeable pebbled background, and usually a raised letter "H" under the back strap, though some clasps are found without it. Thus far, I've been unable to definitively identify the name behind the "H" marking. There is one company most often suggested as a possible manufacturer, which is based in Baltimore, Maryland, but without the full documentation necessary to verify this information, I won't include the name here.

• Rope segments - 4-1/2 left and right, 26-1/2 top and 27-1/2 bottom.
  • Color - Dark Bronze.

This type of clasp is found with all nineteen of the Navy's Duty clasp names on it. It can also be found with all five Army Service names, and all fourteen Army Battle names, yet all are formatted in an unauthorized naval style.

This is my newest book it is an expanded edition, still available at Amazon,

post-12923-0-84224300-1520890663_thumb.jpg

post-12923-0-84224300-1520890663_thumb.jpg