Nice 16th Constabulary Uniform

USMC-RECON0321

The ruptured duck patch was still used officially through the end of 1946, but I have seen a few examples of it being used in 1947, as an exception to the rule situation.

Troy, was it machine sewn or hand applied?

USMC-RECON0321

The ruptured duck patch was still used officially through the end of 1946, but I have seen a few examples of it being used in 1947, as an exception to the rule situation.

Troy, was it machine sewn or hand applied?

I can't say either way, it's hard to tell from the pictures alone and I don't have the uniform in hand anymore. But you can see in the one close up picture that who ever sewed it on didn't do a very good job on the end of the patch that is sticking up, or the stitching came out?

Troy

The majority of them were done during out processing, and its common to see them only sewn on three sides. I guess if your job is to sew hundreds of those every day, you make it as efficient as possible.

• 10 months later...

Outstanding piece, my great-uncle, Joseph Geroch, was in the 16th Constabulary Sqdn, he was a witness to the Gatow Air Disaster

• 1 year later...
Mac.military

I missed this post, but wanted to comment. I remember this uniform well from spending time with John Coy back in the early 1990’s. John was very proud to be the care taker of this uniform. He did acquire it directly from the family as posted earlier. I remember as John was teaching me things about the hobby, he always said it was one of his most interesting uniforms. He was a buck private as the guy could never seem to stay out of trouble according to the family. Nice find, it was always one of my favorate uniforms in his collection.

USMC-RECON0321

I missed this post, but wanted to comment. I remember this uniform well from spending time with John Coy back in the early 1990’s. John was very proud to be the care taker of this uniform. He did acquire it directly from the family as posted earlier. I remember as John was teaching me things about the hobby, he always said it was one of his most interesting uniforms. He was a buck private as the guy could never seem to stay out of trouble according to the family. Nice find, it was always one of my favorate uniforms in his collection.

Thanks for the update. Seeing this uniform again, I sure wish I would've kept it. That's what I get for putting behind my table still in view after I purchased it instead of packing it away. I was quickly talked out of it.

Troy

huntssurplus

So he was a troublemaker! Seems like some interesting stories to be uncovered from that uniform. Maybe the owner will pop up eventually.

Hunt