Need Help Identifying Generals, Medals, and DI.

wcdino685

So I have went through most the photos I have and I was able to identify most of them but here are a few I could use some experience on if possible.

1.post-162540-0-88036600-1519412904_thumb.jpg

2.post-162540-0-94040100-1519413067_thumb.jpg

Are these foreign medals???

3.post-162540-0-31377800-1519413123_thumb.jpg

see next post for more photos

post-162540-0-08378100-1519413262_thumb.jpg

The second photo - the one with the young cavalry officer-Can you make out the numbers above the crossed cavalry sabers insignia? The could help identify the unit and what the DI is.

The next photo down with the older couple - the town is written as Naugard. A quick Google search found Naugard is now part of Poland and is spelled Nowogard. Naugard is the German spelling. The medals look like the Russian style to my eye, but are probably Polish.

The last one looks like a military school cadet to me. I say that because the cap insignia appears to be an officer-type eagle, while he is wearing collar disks like an enlisted man, and his sleeve insignia is in the wrong location and an unfamiliar type to be a US Army insignia.

Hope this helps!

ALso the Date in the photo of the two Generals is Dec 1 1967

not sure if this is a cadet or band member of a cadet school and the Lady looks to be wearing a Navy hat but I may be just over thinking that one.

post-162540-0-72049300-1519415785_thumb.jpg

These medals are German. The first one is most likely the Franco-Prussian war medal with bars. The middle one is the Prussian Kaiser Wilhelm Centennial Medal issued in 1897 and the third one.....well not sure about that one yet.

-Ski

post-3043-0-02414400-1519416245.jpg

These medals are German. The first one is most likely the Franco-Prussian war medal with bars. The middle one is the Prussian Kaiser Wilhelm Centennial Medal issued in 1897 and the third one.....well not sure about that one yet.

-Ski

Looks like those are them when I use my magnifying glass also what ever the top left group first medal on far left is. thats the last medal since I can see the crown. Thanks for helping me out as I dont really do much non US stuff.

post-7116-0-51570100-1356215016.jpg

Also If I need to get better scans of DI's and the patches or anything else that will help ID them let me know I can try to get my iphone to snap a pic through the magnifying glass

attachicon.gif1230005.jpg

Says George Smith on the back

attachicon.gif12300052.jpg

2nd Army

post-32676-0-91167200-1519418864.png

In the photo of the USAF generals in post one, they are holding Texas shaped plaques with the silhouettes of F-102 or (more likely by 1967) F-106s on them, possibly relating to the Texas ANG use of them.

That makes sense. "General Agan assumed the duties of commander of the Aerospace Defense Command with headquarters at Ent Air Force Base, Colo., in August 1967." I'm guessing the 4-star is his boss, Gen Seth J. McKee:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Air_Force_four-star_generals#/media/File:Seth_J_McKee.jpg

That makes sense. "General Agan assumed the duties of commander of the Aerospace Defense Command with headquarters at Ent Air Force Base, Colo., in August 1967." I'm guessing the 4-star is his boss, Gen Seth J. McKee:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Air_Force_four-star_generals#/media/File:Seth_J_McKee.jpg

the date on the back of the photo says Dec 1 1967 so thats why I am guessing its Reeves also if I put a magnifiy glass on the name tag of the Gen it really looks like I can make out back to back "E's