Sometimes You Have a Stroke Clicking the BIN Button

Brig

Just incredible. I have missed two on ebay and neither were cheap. I am envious, but super happy,for you, especially after 11 years of searching. IMO that is the one to have. Kevin

It's a 1930s enlisted emblem. It was immensely unpopular with Marines because of it appearing more like a goonie bird than an eagle. Whereas many Marines could tolerate the collars, they weren't nearly as tolerant of the cover emblems, and the vast majority wore alternate variants that could be privately purchased.

These only seem to pop up every couple of years...one of the hardest enlisted cover emblems to find. Officer goonie cover emblems are far scarcer.

Look at your title...stroke or stroke of luck? LOL! I suppose either could apply. Nextyouwill be telling us you found it under "Militaria: Miscellaneous or Unknown!

It's a 1930s enlisted emblem. It was immensely unpopular with Marines because of it appearing more like a goonie bird than an eagle. Whereas many Marines could tolerate the collars, they weren't nearly as tolerant of the cover emblems, and the vast majority wore alternate variants that could be privately purchased.

These only seem to pop up every couple of years...one of the hardest enlisted cover emblems to find. Officer goonie cover emblems are far scarcer.

Ah - thanks for the lesson, and congrats!

It popped up in my feed...had to go back in check, it was under Other Militaria

Aha! I knew it! It's amazing what shows up in those off categories. Congrats for knowing what it was and snagging it!

It's all about the feed...I never browse by category. This wasn't titled poorly, I was just early to the rodeo

That was how I found a few pieces...I e extremely awesome vintage wwii photo surfaced that was listed strangely. It didnt have a BiN and I was flatout outbid and it pisses me off that I didn't snipe higher.

• 2 weeks later...