Opinion on patched ARVN advisor helmet

AnDuc49

Hello all,

I was recently able to pick this helmet up, but I'm not sure on it's authenticity, so I would like your opinion on it.

The cover itself is quite faded in hand and has molded itself to the shell and in some places, stuck together by rust. Perhaps the most interesting about the cover is it's construction method. Rather than the typical two halves which are sewn together, this cover is made up of 4 quarters, one of which seems to have come from a different batch. The cover also has a stamp on the one of the flaps which looks like it reads, "Xuong 1B" (?), but I'm not sure about it's meaning.

From what I've been able to learn talking to some patch collectors, the patches seem suspect. The pathfinder patch is apparently a design which hasn't been seen and the edging for them seem to be quite thick. I would also think the word "Co Van" would have the Vietnamese accents, but I could be wrong there as I'm not a patch collector.

I was wondering, but if the patches are a post-war produced item, I wonder if the patches were simply added to the cover as a commemoration peace.

One of the interesting things to note is that when I opened the packaging, it smelled as if I just walked into a Vietnamese household. It absolutely reeks of the kind of medicinal oils that are present in most Vietnamese houses. I'm not sure if that adds to it's authenticity, but definitely something I noticed.

Anyhow, please let me know your honest opinion on the helmet and let me know if any more photos are needed