Large 1944 military posters find at flea market

Tonomachi

I picked these up at the flea market. They are dated 1944 and depict allied forces push in Asia during WW2. They are over-sized and something I'm guessing you would see in a classroom setting. Any ideas what these were meant for?

post-1389-0-48926200-1518882036.jpg

There were several of the maps put out during the war and as you suggest were for basic information or class room.

The "News Map" series comes to mind.

Have several of them.Most are two sided.They will have information or news of a genral topic.....plane identification,german or Japanese uniform recognition,foriegn uniforms or ranks of the Allies etc.The other side may have a article on something military related as well.

I don't believe these are National Geographic. The styling does not look right. If National Geo released anything with their wartime issues, I believe it would be their standard maps. They didn't start distributing posters until well into the 1960's as I recall.

I have the National Geographic archive disk... I will try to remember to take a look.

I don't believe these are National Geographic. The styling does not look right. If National Geo released anything with their wartime issues, I believe it would be their standard maps. They didn't start distributing posters until well into the 1960's as I recall.

I have the National Geographic archive disk... I will try to remember to take a look.

+1

The format is to large for NG.

Also the way they are folded is typical of the posters sent out during WW2 by the Govt to diplay or use.

I will post a couple of the News Maps I can get my hands on.The News Maps are rather large as well.

Thanks for everyone's input. There is nothing on the opposite side and just noticed a stamping that says, "RECEIVED JUN 28 1944 U.S. NAVAL AIR STATION KLAMATH FALLS OREGON".

Here are a couple News maps.These were all from a Navy vet.

The common theme seems to be they were dated on a Monday and are two sided.One side had a military training theme and the other shows maps and locations with arrows and corresponding numbers as to "whats happeneing" around the world at war.

Here is the Japanese Plane ID poster I mentioned earlier.

post-342-0-46903800-1518922170_thumb.jpg