M1-M4-M7 Bayonets

MT247

Looking at a few threads on here got me all riled up about the bayonets that I have picked up recently and forgot to boast about. So here goes. Please take a look and let me know what you all think. Thanks

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good set of used, but not abused, bayonets that cover from WW2 to Vietnam. The M1 and the scabbard are both cut downs from original pieces for the 16-inch M1905 bayonets made in 1942 and early 1943.

Keep going, only several hundred more to go.

Good set of used, but not abused, bayonets that cover from WW2 to Vietnam.  The M1 and the scabbard are both cut downs from original pieces for the 16-inch M1905 bayonets made in 1942 and early 1943.

How can you tell if the scabbard was cut down? I know about the bayonet but not the scabbard.

How can you tell if the scabbard was cut down? I know about the bayonet but not the scabbard.

The metal throat is crimped to the plastic body. Non-shortened bayonet throats are notched at the point they attach to the body. Also, look under the top plate and in addition to the heat lot number (B 2/3 N or something to that effect) you'll see an REP stamping.

The metal throat is crimped to the plastic body.  Non-shortened bayonet throats are notched at the point they attach to the body.  Also, look under the top plate and in addition to the heat lot number (B 2/3 N or something to that effect) you'll see an REP stamping.

Sure enough, there is B 1/1 N and REF under there. Thank you so much for the info. Learn something new everyday.

Good set of used, but not abused, bayonets that cover from WW2 to Vietnam.  The M1 and the scabbard are both cut downs from original pieces for the 16-inch M1905 bayonets made in 1942 and early 1943.

Thanks I have been getting carried away with weapons lately. I have a M1 Garand 1943 and a M1 Carbine from 1943. A while ago I built a M-16 from original colt parts so now I have the Bayonets for all three. I mean if I find the rifle, I have to have the accessories right!

Thanks I have been getting carried away with weapons lately. I have a M1 Garand 1943 and a M1 Carbine from 1943. A while ago I built a M-16 from original colt parts so now I have the Bayonets for all three. I mean if I find the rifle, I have to have the accessories right!

That's how it starts; you need something to match something else. Kind of like a cold that starts with a sneeze long before it becomes a full-blown, knock-down illness.

My first knife/bayonet was a rubber-handled M4 my father carried in Korea. I picked up a carbine with the bayonet lug along with a sling and oiler. It starts slow but builds quickly. Good luck.

That's how it starts; you need something to match something else.  Kind of like a cold that starts with a sneeze long before it becomes a full-blown, knock-down illness.

My first knife/bayonet was a rubber-handled M4 my father carried in Korea.  I picked up a carbine with the bayonet lug along with a sling and oiler.  It starts slow but builds quickly.  Good luck.

Thanks, now I need one from each manufacturer right?

....and you'll need a carbine and a Garand from each maker.

Oh boy, my wife said I already have too many gun, until now I didn’t think that was possible.