New Ebay listing USMC Vietnam KIA Purple Heart

themick

Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vietnam-Purple-Heart-Medal-with-related-1965-USMC-Recruit-Depot-and-book-need/183071405908?hash=item2a9fe7f754:g:1YAAAOSwOFBagfS9

Next, would a moderator or someone please post the photos here so they don't disappear? I'm having trouble doing that.

OK, So, is the engraving on the PH good? It looks crude to me, but I am by know means an expert on these. I'm not interested in buying it, but I thought the story that goes with it, including the pictures in the book, made this one somewhat exceptional. Still, if it is good, a starting price of 2.5 K seems to me on the high end. Though, if the engraving is government, and with the book's account, I can see where someone, though not many, would pay that. Also, I wasn't aware that the government was still darkening the letters of KIA Purple Hearts as late as Vietnam. When did that practice end? WWII I assume.

Steve

It looks fine to me as one of the styles you expect for USMC Vietnam.The USMC in most instances ceased engraving around June 1968. I had a USMC KIA group darkened engraving listed with a casualty date in the January 1968 timeframe.

The price is always subjective to reason.Vietnam KIA Marine Purple Hearts...average...$400 to $1000. There are factors that can increase the value such as certain units or battles.

It's a beautiful Purple Heart, and 100% correct. It's also about 100% overpriced (actually more, but that sounded like a good percentage...) :)