• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BrokenShovelDude

BrokenShovelDude
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,419
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:44 AM

hi, I was wondering if there was ever a "transitional period" in iraq where marines where switching to MARPAT but still using the PASGT K-Pot?

#2 militarykid1234

militarykid1234

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 4,410
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

hi, I was wondering if there was ever a "transitional period" in iraq where marines where switching to MARPAT but still using the PASGT K-Pot?

Yes there were still using the kelvar helmets i have one with the desert cover that i got from a vet

#3 BrokenShovelDude

BrokenShovelDude
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

Yes there were still using the kelvar helmets i have one with the desert cover that i got from a vet

ya I know they still used the Kevlar helmets but what about the helmet covers? did they ever use the MARPAT helmet covers on the PASGT?

#4 Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson

Deceased Forum Co-Founder

• IN MEMORIAM
    • Member ID: 4
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

ya I know they still used the Kevlar helmets but what about the helmet covers? did they ever use the MARPAT helmet covers on the PASGT?

They'd have had to....MARPAT was adopted by the Marine Corps a good while before the lightweight helmet.

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

Yes, in 2003 and 2004 we had the older Kevlar with the new two sided MARPAT covers. We got the lightweights in the summer of 2004 and kept our covers for the new lids. Granted I can only speak for my unit.

#6 BrokenShovelDude

BrokenShovelDude
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:22 PM

oh ok, so they where used, thanks for the quick reply Greg and Jeremiah. I was asking because My uncle (who was in the marines in the 80s-90s) gave me his old K-Pot along with his load bearing vest and I was wondering if wearing a MARPAT cover over it would be correct, so thanks for the answers fellas! :)

PS- are the PASGT helmets made in different sizes? or does one cover fit all? because even on it's tightest setting my uncles helmet has a little wobble.

Thanks

#7 Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson

• IN MEMORIAM
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

oh ok, so they where used, thanks for the quick reply Greg and Jeremiah. I was asking because My uncle (who was in the marines in the 80s-90s) gave me his old K-Pot along with his load bearing vest and I was wondering if wearing a MARPAT cover over it would be correct, so thanks for the answers fellas! :)

PS- are the PASGT helmets made in different sizes? or does one cover fit all? because even on it's tightest setting my uncles helmet has a little wobble.
Thanks

Both the PASGT helmets and MARPAT covers were made in different sizes.

#8 BrokenShovelDude

BrokenShovelDude
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:00 PM

Both the PASGT helmets and MARPAT covers were made in different sizes.

oh ok so I need a Large size cover (sorry about that- I forgot to check for size on the stamp)

and just another question did the U.S. Army have the same transition with the transfer to ACU and the MICH helmets?

thanks

#9 hawkdriver

hawkdriver
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,549
  • 8,038 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

Not with the Army. The ACH came out with enough lead that when the Army was transitioning over to the ACU, they went directly to ACU cover for the ACH. There may be a few units that got ACU covers for the PASGT, but not many. Most ACU covers for the PASGT were bought by guys that were still issued PASGT helmets and thought it looked dorky to have a woodland cover with ACUs.

#10 Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson

• IN MEMORIAM
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:14 AM

oh ok so I need a Large size cover (sorry about that- I forgot to check for size on the stamp)

and just another question did the U.S. Army have the same transition with the transfer to ACU and the MICH helmets?

thanks

The MARPAT helmet covers are marked for size. There's one marked "MED / LG" which fits medium to large helmets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users