USCG Chief Machinist Mate Nick J. Corila

squidney86

Hello All!

I would like to share this incredible grouping I was fortunate enough to acquire last year. MMC Corila served before WWII and left before the war (19390. Like most who did this, he was called back into service once US involvement began. He would reenlist in June of '42 and would stay active until '46 Prior to the war, he served on the CGC Bibb. His time on the Bibb is what the majority of this grouping consist of. He seems to have been an active member of the Cutters different sports team as evident in the pictures I will attach. These group uniform photos, to me, are the highlight of this grouping. I wish these uniforms had been part of it.

His Bravo jacket is in great condition. I absolutely love the Bullion work on his sleeve insignia. Attached in this grouping and unfortunately not pictured at this time are tons of photos from his underway days and his down time with other Chiefs while in the Pacific. Also, multiple combo cover tops all named to him. Unfortunately, this cover is not part of the grouping but I do hope to find one to complete the display. He seemed to have kept everything after service as I have dozens of invites to his Secretary class cutter reunions.

Chief Corila passed away in 2009 at the age of 90 in Lake Placid, Fl.

Unfortunately, the pictures here are from my phone. My scanner was broken and I was just about to leave for deployment so this is all I could do. Once I return stateside, I will make proper scans of the other photos of interest.

Enjoy!

Sydney

post-172111-0-36142400-1518364519.jpg

post-172111-0-45574000-1518364586_thumb.jpg