WWI USMC Painted Helmets with EGAs

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

This is a group of photo's I have collected off ebay thru the years. Truly love to see these and thought folks would enjoy seeing them. If you have one of these helmets with EGA, please feel free to share photo's of your helmet with us. Thx, s/f Darrell

helmet_post2.jpg

helmet_post3.jpg

helmet_post4.jpg

WWI_Comp_Regt_Helmey__3_.jpg

This helmet was worn by a Marine when he was in Company E, Composite Regiment. Pershing's Honor Unit.

Semper Fi....Bobgee

Schnicklfritz
post-503-1209758395.jpg

This beauty was sold on EBay last year. Semper Fi.....Bobgee

I fell in love with this one. Great attention to details with the war bonnet around the crown. I use to have all the pics of it. One of the most unique USMC WW1 helmets I've seen. It didn't sell though. I talked to the seller. He had a change of heart at that time. He owns some very unique WW1 USMC helmets that he's sold through Ebay.

Great Helmets! Keep 'em coming. Mine are packed up now with everything else or I'd love to add to this post.

Cheers!

Marc

jeremiahcable

Marc, wasn't that one for sell by one of the Manifors? I'm going to post some pics in a little bit to add to the thread.

jeremiahcable

Here are my two '17 helmets with EGAs on them. One is HQ, 5th Marines and the research on it is still pretty inconclusive. The other, obviously stored and cared for much better over the years is 20th Co, 3/5.

post-8-1209774576.jpg

post-8-1209774596.jpg

jeremiahcable

A better shot of the EGA. It was on it when a friend of mine got it so that is what I am leaving there. Interesting trenching on a pre-War dress enlisted insignia.

post-8-1209774680.jpg

jeremiahcable

The 3/5 lid. Bobgee has gotten to see this one in person and seemed to like it. ;) I also have his WW1 Victory Medal with bars on it and his brother's Army discharge papers and dogtags. The original owner was a dual Silver Star Citation winner, as well as having 2 Purple Hearts. A helmet that was much better cared for by the family.

post-8-1209774836.jpg

post-8-1209774848.jpg

jeremiahcable

His tilted EGA. It has been like that a long time and has left a shadow under it when the EGA is removed.

post-8-1209774915.jpg

Salvage Sailor

You devildogs have probably seen this one on ebay right now.

WW1 6th Machine Gun Battalion painted Helmet w EGA USMC

Item number 230250221502

There are also some USMC WWI tunics offered by this dealer right now.

131101001_tp.jpg

usmcaviator

I have serious issues with that MG helmet and tunic. Looks much later done, than occupation or boat ride home. Maybe 2nd Division Association or even last 10 years. I'd have to see in person. But from the patch contsruction and color of the purple paint, it doesn't look right to me. My opinions.

Mike

C. Roelens
You devildogs have probably seen this one on ebay right now.

WW1 6th Machine Gun Battalion painted Helmet w EGA USMC

Item number 230250221502

There are also some USMC WWI tunics offered by this dealer right now.

I'm with Mike on this helmet and tunic. thumbdown.gif

sorry, im not well versed in the usmc department...but anyone have a list on which div. put the ega on their helmets? my friend got a 1/6 helmet but that didnt have the ega.

craig_pickrall

A friend of mine picked up a standard OD M1917 in the mid 1960's that had an EGA painted on in black. It was the size of the standard cap EGA or slightly larger. The helmet was in over all good condition. We both talked with several dealers and USMC collectors back before the internet days trying to get more info on the helmet but with no luck. To me the helmet was more inline with China Marines but I guess I will never know for sure. My friend sold his collection in the late 1990's and I have no idea where that helmet is today.

• 4 weeks later...

Well that is a beauty, Darrell!!!! Let's see a pic of the top with star....looks like an Indianhead but I can't tell.

Semper Fi.....Bobgee