Assistance in Identifying Web Strap

Edelweisse

Hi Folks:

I recently picked up seven of these OD Green straps with hooks on each end and I'm trying to identify them, I "thought" they were for a musette bag but I'm thinking they are straps for the WWII ammunition bag. I'd appreciate any assistance from a field Gear SME. Thank you,

Sorry for the duplicate picture of the hooks...I tried to delete

post-153915-0-67941400-1518070715_thumb.jpg

post-153915-0-37306000-1518070725_thumb.jpg

post-153915-0-01671500-1518070726_thumb.jpg

General purpose strap in my opinion.

Seen them on ammo bag,Mussette bag,medics bag etc.

Typically the mussette bag strap had the D-ring ends but have seen both used.

The post war medic and ammo bags also used these type straps.Sometines you can find these dated on the underside of the straps

• 3 weeks later...

Is there an interest in these...probably a normal thing. I always look at the "odd ball" items...small missing parts etc....guess it my "Monk" side of me.

They are quite common but harder to find than the GP strap with the D-rings.

I needed one with hooks the time I wanted to complete a carrier for the BC611 radio. So, yeah, there are times you can't do without one of these. And you definitely need to know where to look when you need one. Some equipment will only have rings or a ring to one side and a hook to the other, making these straps really useful.

I can imagine they're hard to find for someone who needs one but doesn't know where to find them. The type with rings is all over the place really.

• 1 month later...
son of a Jungleer

Whenever I ran across these with visible markings, "Harriman" was a maker that showed up a lot. '44 & '45 dates as well...