My Grandpa's Air Force grouping (2167th Comm Squadron)

No Quarter

I thught I'd share this small grouping that belongs to my Grandpa. His name is Roy Anderson and he served in the 2167th Communications Squadron during the early 60's. He told me he was stationed at Chicksands Air Base in England and that is where he met my Grandmother. (Her Dad served in the British Army in WWII and was in Dunkirk, North Africa, and Normandy which I thought was cool). Anyway, this is his photo, insignia, and visor. Nothing spectatular to the average colector but these are my prized possessions in my collection.

post-162535-0-87533700-1518050736_thumb.jpg

Sometimes it's the simplest of items that mean most in a collection. I have a few items from my Grandfather as well which may not be worth much but I will never sell or get rid of them! Thanks for sharing!

Hunt

I have a number of things from my grandfather and great grandfather’s service that I know I will never let go of and will pass down for generations to come. Those things with personal connection are priceless and often the most important things to preserve. Thanks for the tribute!

Do you know what your grandfather did in the USAF? I'm wondering if your grandfather and my father might have crossed paths or chewed the same dirt. My dad was with Air Force Communication squadrons as an air traffic controller from the 1950s until the early 1980s.

Do you know what your grandfather did in the USAF? I'm wondering if your grandfather and my father might have crossed paths or chewed the same dirt. My dad was with Air Force Communication squadrons as an air traffic controller from the 1950s until the early 1980s.

Where was he stationed? I have a relative who was with the 633rd Air Craft Control and Warning Squadron at Wheelus Air Base Libya 1958-1960, and then was with the 2045th Communication Squadron at Andrews Air Base Maryland 1960-1961.

Hunt

I actually dont know what his specific job was, I guess I never asked for some reason. What is your Grandfather's name? He's still with us so I can ask him if he knew your grandfather.

Jacob

I actually dont know what his specific job was, I guess I never asked for some reason. What is your Grandfather's name? He's still with us so I can ask him if he knew your grandfather.

Jacob

His name was James Hunt if your grandfather was never stationed in Africa I doubt they have ever met, but who knows maybe they crossed paths at some point.

Hunt

• 1 year later...

My Father was with the 2167th at Chicksands , Anthony Shazes , he met my Mother and was married in Bedfordshire.. https://ibb.co/h2VNh9r

My Grandpa met my Grandma there and I am pretty sure they were married in Bedfordshire as well! I will have to call him and ask if he knew your Dad.

Jacob

My Grandpa met my Grandma there and I am pretty sure they were married in Bedfordshire as well! I will have to call him and ask if he knew your Dad.

Jacob

Jacob , thank you -- he was also stationed with Jack Batura who also married an English woman at the same time , my oldest brother was born in Luton-Dunstable hospital -

Granddad was in the British army 1928-1953 Durham Light Infantry - BEF - left just before Dunkirk to join No2 Commando/II SAS Operation Colossus and was one of the first British Paratroopers to jump into combat Feb 42- Captured and became POW - Escaped Captured Escaped returned home - then Royal Engineers in the Pacific..post-239555-0-71043600-1561245414_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Drew

Found this pic in some papers , must have been a friend of his Max Karaska December 1963

Very cool family history! I called my Grandpa and he doesnt recall any of the names unfortunately.

Jacob

Very cool family history! I called my Grandpa and he doesnt recall any of the names unfortunately.

Jacob

been a long time and Chicksands had lots of people to remember LOL

I found some more pics of Dad and Mum

post-239555-0-79934400-1561349805.jpg

post-239555-0-76910700-1561349828_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

My Grandpa found an old picture of him in front of his barracks. Glad he has another picture of him in uniform.

Jacob

post-162535-0-04697900-1581970243.jpg