WW2 WWII US Marine Corps M1 Helmet and Camo Cover

mdk0911

I was saying the same thing when it was listed. Possibly the vet kept them separate and this seller just added them together? not sure.

Cover and helmet are not original to each other. Even tho the helmet has some slight rust inside I would say the helmet is unissued , it Shows light storage wear.

The cover is nice

D.C

You can see where the rust on the cover and shell match up in the last photo. The specs on the dome of the cover might just be stains from another source that's not rust.

stealthytyler

You can see where the rust on the cover and shell match up in the last photo. The specs on the dome of the cover might just be stains from another source that's not rust.

+1

I agree, I have a similar looking helmet. Shell is minty while the cover is worn and stained, the only sign that the cover matches the shell is the rust on the interior of the shell matching the stains on the flaps of the cover.

-Steven

I wouldn't believe the description in the slightest. The seller says it's from the estate of a veteran who served in the European theatre. As Donald Trump would say, fake news! ;)

The price sure is high for a put together swivel bail lid with so called "1st pattern" cover which has been the subject of a lot of debate.

Regards,

-Steve

The rust stains on the front of the cover matches the rust on the front of the pot near the lot number. Agree with Justin the blotches looks like fluids of some sort dripped on the crown of the cover.

I wouldn't believe the description in the slightest. The seller says it's from the estate of a veteran who served in the European theatre. As Donald Trump would say, fake news! ;)

The price sure is high for a put together swivel bail lid with so called "1st pattern" cover which has been the subject of a lot of debate.

Regards,

-Steve

+1

What concerns me too is there is no wear on the liner from the helmet so maybe the camo cover blocked this but there is wear on the inside of the shell

so what caused the wear on the inside of the shell - all of my helmets that don't have a camo cover have some wear on the shell and the liner - this one has a cover that is well worn, the liner has no marks and the shell has marks?

post-80886-0-96486200-1518050441_thumb.jpg

post-80886-0-84531900-1518050537_thumb.jpg