On soggy ground

Joe55

Greetings everyone!

I have not posted anything here in quite awhile. Not because I haven't done any modeling but, because what I have done is not appropriate to this site. I've done a couple of Romans, some WW2 Germans, a WW1 French Infantryman bust, a bust of a Templar Knight, ........you get the idea.

Anyway, These are some Model Cellar figures of Valley Forge Militia in 75mm. The Muhlenberg hut and some barrels/casks and a bucket that's behind the Soldiers are Armand Bayardi offerings. Everything was painted up using acrylics. Hope you like the way it turned out.

Joe

post-120035-0-73150600-1517795395.jpg

sundance, Mike (MECHINF-A15), doyler, Blacksmith, Leigh (Rakkasan187), Mike (skypilot6670), Old Marine, manayunkman, huntssurplus, and Proud Kraut, I'm glad you like the way this little vignette turned out. Thank you so much for the compliments and praise.

Joe

Mike (MECHINF-A15), and Proud Kraut, here are a couple more pics.

post-120035-0-52087900-1517862805.jpg

post-120035-0-13048600-1517862835.jpg

A real masterpiece! I have seen lots of tutorials about how to paint figures etc. but I'll NEVER come close to these skills. I'm thankfull that you are posting these gems here from time to time, AWESOME!

Joe,

Thank you for sharing the additional photos. Your work is incredibly "life like". Absolutely superb!!!

I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

All the best,

Mike

Exceptional work! Painting figures that present a realistic appearance is an art form in itself. Do you "paint" on canvas, most figure modelers that I know have artistic skills that compliment their model work.

A real masterpiece! I have seen lots of tutorials about how to paint figures etc. but I'll NEVER come close to these skills. I'm thankfull that you are posting these gems here from time to time, AWESOME!

Thank you Lars! Your skills will grow with each figure you paint and every model you build :)!

Joe

Joe,

Thank you for sharing the additional photos. Your work is incredibly "life like". Absolutely superb!!!

I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

All the best,

Mike

Your welcome Mike.

If you scroll back through the modelling posts you'll find a few other figures that I've done.

Thank you for your compliments.

Joe

Exceptional work! Painting figures that present a realistic appearance is an art form in itself. Do you "paint" on canvas, most figure modelers that I know have artistic skills that compliment their model work.

Thank you superchief, I appreciate it!

As a kid I drew a lot and I've done 2 landscapes. One in oils and the other in acrylics, so that was a long time ago. I do get the itch sometimes to paint some decorative for the house though. Just splashes of color. Something perhaps a la Jackson Pollack :D!

Joe

Hey Joe

Awesome work. The look of hardship and struggle are etched in their faces. This is excellent stuff.

Semper Fi.

Manny