Unusual WWII Army Dog Tag Set

McDermut99

This set is my most recent dog tag acquisition, however it has caused me some confusion. The tags belonged to a WWII army infantryman who enlisted out of Abilene, Texas. The tag with his name, ASN, tetanus vac, etc is all correct. But then he has a separate other tag listing his next of kin, in this case his sister (who according to records was about 12 years old upon his enlistment). Another interesting point is that the tags were stamped with the tooth notches opposite of each other. My question is why is there a separate tag just for next of kin? Was it done by the army or did the soldier have it done privately?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would venture the one for the sister is a novelty or possibly a dependants tag etc. yje soldier had made up for her.

Typically NOK tags from my experience show the address of the individual and not a phone number as well as the soldier name and info

BILL THE PATCH

I had two sets belonging to one soldier, pre war issue and s pair of NOK. Maybe he kept one of each? As far as little sister concerned I don't know.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk