Leather flying helmet and goggles

cerick1450

Hello

I have been asked to make an offer on this set of goggles and helmet. How do they look? The goggles appear to have repaired straps and felt missing. The only marking I can find on the helmet is Medium...

Thanks

post-13198-0-60824200-1517678757_thumb.jpeg

post-13198-0-16107200-1517678769_thumb.jpeg

The goggles are indeed WW2 vintage military issue and made by Polaroid. They are marked "Aviation Goggle No.1065" on the top of the frame and "Type B8" on the right and "Prop. U.S.A.F." on the left of the frame. The chamois backing has been removed and the strap is in poor condition, which limits their value, unfortunately. The leather helmet is a civilian type, which could have been used for flying, racing or motorcycling.

Because of their poor condition, I would agree with manyunkman that 15-20 would be the most I would pay for them. You would be better off waiting for a complete example, in better condition, in my opinion. Of course, if you are actually the one selling this set on ebay currently, a search of sold listings for "B-8 goggles" will let you know what people are willing to pay for them. The "Buy It Now" seems rather optimistic to me.

The leather helmet does not look military too me, more like a biker style, JMO

Agreed

Looks like a Style from Bucco or similar maker from the 50s