Harry Dees PATCH GROUPING/VMD-154/MAG-25/VMF-114/

FieryPhantom

I promised to post some more groupings on this forum so here is one near and dear to my heart.

This group of patches belonged to Harry Dees he was an instructor at Cherry Point and was from Terre Haute Indiana.

I saved the patches from being split up after the majority of his group was split up at an estate auction.

A friend of mine bought the patches and some other items unfortunately I couldn't buy everything.

If anybody has any information on him I would very much appreciate it.

There is another thread on this forum someone has his flight jacket. Anyway enjoy

Thanks,

Phillip

post-317-0-74913100-1517091428_thumb.jpg

Hi Phillip,

Very nice save! I think I know the collector with his Khaki uniform also. Several years ago, I bought Dees' M-444 and several other pieces from him. It is a shame that his items were spread to the four corners of the earth.

post-203-0-34732400-1517093265.jpg post-203-0-46878400-1517093271.jpg

Thank you Beast for posting the flight jacket glad to see some of it survived and is still in the states!

My friend sold His flight suit to a collector in italy a long time ago unfortunately.

I would have bought it but fund were limited being a young collector.

Thanks for the patch Identification looper!!!

Thank you Beast for posting the flight jacket glad to see some of it survived and is still in the states!

My friend sold His flight suit to a collector in italy a long time ago unfortunately.

I would have bought it but fund were limited being a young collector.

Thanks for the patch Identification looper!!!

Glad I could participate. IIRC, Dees served with VMD-154 in 1944. Also, Dees was a three war Marine, serving in Vietnam in 1963.

The VMD-154 and MAG-25 were without a doubt removed from a jacket are there any traces of patches being sewn on your jacket?

The VMD-154 and MAG-25 were without a doubt removed from a jacket are there any traces of patches being sewn on your jacket?

There was a patch underneath the nametag. It is shield shape but very large, extending from the bottom of the nametag to the top of the pocket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
FieryPhantom